sumram

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had to move from East coast to West coast due to the job,
although working for the same company (and while reporting
to the same manager). At the time of my move, both my EAD
and Parole were close to expiry. My attorney felt that I
had to apply for my renewal of both EAD and AP
in CSC (instead of VSC) and he did so too.

Now here is where the things became complicated (eventually
out of hand). Our application for the renewals was filed
in August 2003 (in CSC) and we still have not got our respective
EAD and AP. Here is how it went

a. CSC saw that our 485, EAD and AP were initially filed
in VSC and promptly transferred EAD to Vermont.

b. Then we received an RFE for AP which we provided but that
too met with the same fate eventually - to Vermont it went.

c. Now the online status check page shows that EAD/AP
was received "here for processing on Feb 20 2004". And I
dont even know what that "here" means. And as you
can imagine, calling BCIS was of no help.

It appears the intial receipt date which should have been
August 2003, seems to have been reset to Feb 2004. Now,
I have no clue (and so does my lawyer) as to how to deal
with this situation and how long the wait is gonna be ... ?

Did anyone come across this situation or know someone who
met with a similar predicament ?

But the larger question is "should the EAD and AP be filed
in CSC because I moved from east to West coast or would
just a change of address suffice ?"

Also the lawyer has filed for another application to move
I-485 processing from VSC to CSC and I/he have no idea
or update on what is going on that front ?

In other words, I am in a big mess.

Any suggestions or ideas will be much appreciated.

Can I apply for an interim EAD and/or AP ?

Thank You !!
:confused:

It should be filed at the same service center where you filed your AOS application and previous EAD/AP. Otherwise things does get screwd up a bit.

Does that mean one cann't use AC 21 and change jobs and move from jurisdiction of one service center to another
------ if you have I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days you can use AC21 and move to any city/state in US. file the EAD, AP with the same service where your I-485 is pending,no need to request I-485 transfer it will delay the process EAD is sent to your home address if AP filed by lawyer it will go to layer if you directly file AP it will also come to your home address and if you change address then do the below:
1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485 or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE
*** do the all 1,2,3

sumram
you have very bad lawyer, first he sent your application of EAD to wrong service center, he should have sent it to VSC or where your I-485 is pending. again he idid or doing a mistake to transfer the I-485 to diffrent service center, that is NOT needed, it will delay the process. what you needed was just to update your new address on I-485

Hi ginnu,
Thnks for the response and the advice,...much to my surprise our online status changed to "approved" for our parole(receipt date being 23march 04'), our EAD is yet to be approved though(RD:11 feb'o4)..

We still dunno if it is being approved from CSC?VSC..

We talked to our lawyer after having got a lot of feedback from u guys, he still feel he has done the right thing by transferring our file to CSC from VSC..as he says if we get a 2nd finger print notice then we could only go to SFO and not to Vermont..

Anyway, I guess once we receive our AP we will know which office it is coming from.

Now, that we have our parole and not our EAD can we still travel to India and get back without any probs?

I also had another question, we were asked for a RFE for our AP, will they consider it for our 485 too or is there a chance that they might ask us for one again while processing our 485..has anyone got more than one RFE?

thnks,
sumram

Originally posted by sumram
Hi ginnu,
Thnks for the response and the advice,...much to my surprise our online status changed to "approved" for our parole(receipt date being 23march 04'), our EAD is yet to be approved though(RD:11 feb'o4)..

We still dunno if it is being approved from CSC?VSC..

We talked to our lawyer after having got a lot of feedback from u guys, he still feel he has done the right thing by transferring our file to CSC from VSC..as he says if we get a 2nd finger print notice then we could only go to SFO and not to Vermont..
----- every one gets second fingerprinting notice if first FP done before 15 months. I dont agree with your lawyer. if you change your address on I-485 then your fingerprint notice will come to your new address and the attached paper with FP notice will have the nearest location of FP to your residence
Anyway, I guess once we receive our AP we will know which office it is coming from.

Now, that we have our parole and not our EAD can we still travel to India and get back without any probs?
----- IF you have valid AP in hands you can travel to India and be back before AP expires, keep your I-485 filing reciepts with you and if at POE when you enter US and if officer ask about I-485 recipt(very less chance) then show him,
I also had another question, we were asked for a RFE for our AP, will they consider it for our 485 too or is there a chance that they might ask us for one again while processing our 485..has anyone got more than one RFE?
--- RFE for AP or EAD has nothing to do with your I-485. they wants some documents or explanation for AP and it was related to only AP. every application is diffrent and particular RFE is only for particular application.
sumram

EAD at vsc approved message.. ordered card.. how much long..

Just checked the status of ead online, and got

"On April 19, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

this is at vsc RD 12/17/2003,current ead expires may 02,2004, anyone knows how long it can take for the order and mailing of the card. ? thanks