Visitor Visa

akrishnan

Hi have read a lot of threads and I know what is right or wrong but then just for my personal satisfaction I am reraising the same questions again.
My mother-in-law visited US in March. This september it will be 6 months. My wife and her two borthers are in US on H1 and so my mother-in-law has no one back in India who could look after her. She is fully dependent on us. She has no one at all whom she could rely back in india and neither has she stayed alone before. I just wanted to know what options do I have apart from asking her to stay alone in India for a while and getting her back for another 6 months after the stay. what are the chances that her extension will be denied, Can we take her to india and get her back in 3 weeks for another 6 months?
Please advice. Your help would be really appreciated.

There is no way she can legally live in the US based on your legal status. Her visitor visa is only for temporary visits to US, not living here. If the immigration inspector thinks she is in violation of her visa terms, she can be denied entry. Her travel pattern (6 months in US, 3 weeks outside US, 6 months in US again) will certainly raise suspicion.

In your own words, define what you think a the term "visitor" means?
A genuine visitor should never spend more than 6 months in the US during any rolling 12 month window.

I just wanted to know what options do I have apart from asking her to stay alone in India for a while and getting her back for another 6 months after the stay. what are the chances that her extension will be denied, Can we take her to india and get her back in 3 weeks for another 6 months?

You and siblings are GUEST WORKERS in the US. If mother could not stay alone, one of you should go home to care for her. As GUESTS in the US, you must obey US laws and one is that you cannot have dependent parents live in the US on visitor visas. It is behavior like this that complicates visas for legitimate visitors.

If you pursue this, she can have her visa revoked for abuse. If she overstays, she can be jailed and deported.

hi im trying to get my mom from Fiji through b2 visitors visa. how much funds do i need to have in my saving to qualify to get her the visa

Your income has noting to do with her applying for a B-2 visa. B-2 visas are self-sponsored.

hi im trying to get my mom from Fiji through b2 visitors visa. how much funds do i need to have in my saving to qualify to get her the visa