Visitor Visa Validity

MarkOrelius

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My mother got a visitor visa for one year on April 18,2006 (last year) i.e valid until April 17, 2007. They are planning to visit this year (2007). Will the period of stay allowed to stay in US be dependent on the visa expiry date ?

In other words, if they come on April 1, 2007, will they be allowed to stay only till April 17 or can it be like 3 months ?

Appreciate your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkOrelius said:
Hi all,

My mother got a visitor visa for one year on April 18,2006 (last year) i.e valid until April 17, 2007. They are planning to visit this year (2007). Will the period of stay allowed to stay in US be dependent on the visa expiry date ?

In other words, if they come on April 1, 2007, will they be allowed to stay only till April 17 or can it be like 3 months ?

Appreciate your reply.

The visa determines when they can apply for entry, the I-94 will govern how long they can stay - usually up to 6 months.

Please Help Me.

Hi everyone...
My family (mom, dad, 2 brothers) entered the US in 2003 with B1/B2 visas. Obviously they exceeded their 6 month tourist validity stay in the USA. I have B1/B2 visa also and planning to go to USA this month. My question is, will the case of may family can affect my entry to the USA? Can the immigration officer detect that my family is already in the USA and overstaying? My port of entry is the same where they entered, will it affect my possible entry to the USA..
PLEASE help me...
here's my email address nagiisangjohn@yahoo.com.ph

Your help will be highly appreciated..

Thank you....

Your family's illegal presence in the US will not automatically translate into you being denied entry into the US on your B-1/2 visa. Having said that, you as a non-immigrant visa holder are not guranteed entry into the US, regardless if you have or don't have any family in the US.