Visitor visa sponsorship using I129 (original receipt notice)

saran2010

Hi,

It s quite urgent. Actually I applied my H1B extension and got my I129 receipt. But the status in USCIS still in initial review status and not yet approved. I should bring my parents/ in-laws here soon due to some personal constraints. Is it possible for me to go ahead and schedule interview for my parents with my I129. (still waiting for approved papers). please let me know whether they will reject my parent's visitor visa due to this reason.

Please kindly reply back soon.

Thanks
Saran

B-2 visas are self sponsored to start off with. I see no connection between their B-2 application and your H-1B extension.

It s quite urgent. Actually I applied my H1B extension and got my I129 receipt. But the status in USCIS still in initial review status and not yet approved. I should bring my parents/ in-laws here soon due to some personal constraints. Is it possible for me to go ahead and schedule interview for my parents with my I129. (still waiting for approved papers). please let me know whether they will reject my parent's visitor visa due to this reason.

B-2 visas are self sponsored to start off with. I see no connection between their B-2 application and your H-1B extension.

You mean to say that they can self sponsored..but I would like to sponsor them because of financial situation. If that s the case, Shall i go ahead with original receipt without approval notice?

If you want to send them an I-134, sure go ahead. That does not change the fact that B-2 visas are self-sponsored.

You mean to say that they can self sponsored..but I would like to sponsor them because of financial situation. If that s the case, Shall i go ahead with original receipt without approval notice?

If you want to send them an I-134, sure go ahead. That does not change the fact that B-2 visas are self-sponsored.

Thanks for your explanation. To make it understand better, please find below my situation.

I am working in USA and having H1B visa. I applied for extension and still waiting for approval. (got my receipt notice I129)

I need to sponsor my in-laws(India) for visitor's visa (B1/B2). For that I need to show either I797 approval notice or valid visa along with I-134. But my problem is I797 and H1B visa got expired because I applied for extension and having only I129 (receipt notice).

My question here is : Can I go ahead and process my in-laws visitor visa by showing I 129 (i.e only receipt , still waiting for extension approval). is there any chance for rejection.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your time and reply.

It seems you did not get my point. You do not need to sponsor them. You think there is such a need/requirement but that is not the case.

I need to sponsor my in-laws(India) for visitor's visa (B1/B2).

If you will get the warm and fuzzies by sending them an I-134, sure go ahead. Your act of sending an I-134 is not tied to your H-1B extension in any form or shape. I hope you get my point this time.

My question here is : Can I go ahead and process my in-laws visitor visa by showing I 129 (i.e only receipt , still waiting for extension approval).