Visitor visa Question Urgent

tammy2

Registered Users (C)
My mother is here on visitor visa. She has 10-year visitor visa. But recently i heard that BCIS is going to cancel all 10-year visa and ask them to come for stamping so as to get their finger printing

Her visa expires in September 2004. I am planning to extend the visa for her. But if we extend she may not get visitor visa next time very easily.

What I am planning is to send her to Mexico for few days to my relatives. While coming back she can get a new I-94.
Will this work.?
________
How to roll a joint

Last edited by a moderator:
What you heard is complete bull. All new visa issuances from July this year will require fingerprinting. All previously issued visas continue to be valid until their expiration.

nkm-oct23 said:
What you heard is complete bull. All new visa issuances from July this year will require fingerprinting. All previously issued visas continue to be valid until their expiration.
Attorney told this on the TV Asia immigration program last Sunday
________
Petitedeleightxx

Either you misinterpreted the program or the attorney does not what he is talking about. There is no proposal to cancel existing visas.

tammy2 said:
Attorney told this on the TV Asia immigration program last Sunday

Just because an attorney says something doesn't make it true. If I had a dollar for every time I heard an immigration attorney say something just plain wrong, I wouldn't need a stinking Green Card.

But how about extending the visitor visa (getting new I-94 valid for another six months) by crossing the border either to Mexico or Canada?
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES

tammy2 said:
But how about extending the visitor visa (getting new I-94 valid for another six months) by crossing the border either to Mexico or Canada?

There are two issues with such a strategy. The first is that the alien may require a visa to enter Canada or Mexico. The second, and most important is that should the POE deny admittance, your relative may be stuck in Canada or Mexico with no way of getting home.

Your best bet to extend stay is by filing an I-539 requesting a further six months. That way if things go wrong, you are in good shape to deal with it rather than stuck in another country.