Visitor Visa - Proof of Extension of stay

Babli

Hi,

This question is related to extension of stay in US. My parents applied for visitor visa recently ( this is the 3rd time for my mom and 2nd time for Dad). The US counsulate in Chennai did not issue the visa when they went for the personal interview stating that the there was no acceptable proof of extension of visa when my mother visited me last time ( she was here for almost a year). Actually when we had applied for extension then, we got the extension for 6 more months but the original approval letter didn't reach us, and by the time we found out the status they told that the extension had been granted but the letter had been destroyed. I went to the local INS office for confirming the grant of extension since I did receive a notification from BCIS stating the LIN number and that the approval letter was being sent. The local office gave me a handwritten note with their stamp/seal that the extension had been granted and said this shoud suffice for documentation purposes. But the US counsulate in India is not accepting this handwritten letter by INS. I also have the cheque that they had cashed for app. fee, the notification they sent about us receiving the approval letter shortly after which states the LIN #. Could these docs. not suffice for proof of extension. I need my parents to visit me soon since I am expecting and due date is in november. Pleae advise ASAP. Thanks for your help.

You must have received the Receipts for B1/B2 extension when they filed for extension. Where are the receipts? If you have sent them, also go to BCIS Online and if you have receipt # or approval # or LIN # punch that and get print out from BCIS online and send that print out.

Request your parents not to inform visa officer that you are pregnant, they will deny the Visa immediately as baby sitting is Work and once the person has filed extension of visitor visa in past most likely they are going to deny the visitor visa.

reply to ginnu's reply on proof of ext.

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. I already had the LIN# on the Notice from INS, NSC that I had sent to my parents also a letter from Local INS office saying that application with the above LIN# was approved for extension.
I also followed your suggestion and looked at case status by this LIN# and it gave me the current status saying that- The new document for this reciept no. was returned as undeliverable and destroyed. To get this document, file application again with all requried documentation. Since it quotes the above sentence about filing again, I am concerned if I should indeed have my parents send a print-out of this in his re-application for visa. Please let me know what you suggest. My thinking is that if can't prove why they need to come here soon since we cannot divulge the actual reason, they may ask us to follow the instruction on print out about re-application and this process takes6 6-8 months which would make it extremely late.

Please give your suggestions. Thanks in advance !!!

Babli