Visitor VISA got rejected

kiran.prudhvi

Hi everyone, today i felt very bad because my B2 visa got rejected. Today I had an appointment at US consulate, Toronto.

Interviewer asked me 3 questions -
1. How long you been in Canada? [9 months]
2. Why you want to visit US? [Visit Chicago and NewYork]
3. Do you have family in Canada? [No . i am single]

That's it. He did not ask me for employment letter, pay stubs or any and simply said sorry you are not eligible to enter into US. he gave me one paper with tick mark on - you have not been able to demonstrate sufficiently strong family, social, economic ties to a country outside US that would compel you to leave the US after a temporary stay.

I thought to ask a question - I have job here so how could you say that i don't have economical ties and i am single how could you expect family here. But i did not ask him because someone suggested to never argue in US consulate.

I am here in Canada with Work Permit since 9 months. Can any one tell me any problem from my side?

Thanks in Advance,
Kiran Prudhvi

The consul knew you have temporary work permit and not permanent resident status in Canada. How much time left on your work permit? Have you applied for Canadian PR status? Your chances of getting a US visit visa will be much brighter once you acquire PR status in Canada.

I am here in Canada with Work Permit since 9 months. Can any one tell me any problem from my side?

Thanks for your comments!

My work permit expires in June, 2013.
You mentioned it is possible to get if i had PR card. but how can i get PR card with in 1 year stay here?

And if i want to apply for Visitor VISA again. Can you suggest me what to follow and when i will be eligible to apply?

Thanks,
Kiran

The consul knew you have temporary work permit and not permanent resident status in Canada. How much time left on your work permit? Have you applied for Canadian PR status? Your chances of getting a US visit visa will be much brighter once you acquire PR status in Canada.

Thanks for your comments!

My work permit expires in June, 2013.
You mentioned it is possible to get if i had PR card. but how can i get PR card with in 1 year stay here?

And if i want to apply for Visitor VISA again. Can you suggest me what to follow and when i will be eligible to apply?

Canadian PR process has no minimum requirement as far as stay in Canada is concerned. When I applied for Canadian PR way back in 1996, I had never spent any time in Canada except a single 3 day visit.

but how can i get PR card with in 1 year stay here?

You can re-apply tomorrow if you want to. However I would advice you to wait at least 6 months to increase your chances.

Can you suggest me what to follow and when i will be eligible to apply?
[/QUOTE]