Visitor Visa for my mother rejected.

gary_mail

Registered Users (C)
She was given 214 (b). Please let me know if any one is in the same boat.
I am a green card holder. I have submitted all the required documents bank statements every thing.

No clue....any suggestions?

no details

Please provide more details so that people in the forum can
comment or suggest you something. Without giving any clues
(like age, has she ever visited you earlier, reason for visiting etc)
it will be difficult to suggest anything.

Sekar

Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:

Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status...

This means that before you are approved for a visa, you must prove that you will return to your country. You must prove that you have no intention of abandoning your residence there. The law places the burden of proof on you to prove that you have strong ties in your country that would compel you to leave the U.S. at the end of your temporary stay.

Originally posted by nkm-oct23
Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:

Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status...

This means that before you are approved for a visa, you must prove that you will return to your country. You must prove that you have no intention of abandoning your residence there. The law places the burden of proof on you to prove that you have strong ties in your country that would compel you to leave the U.S. at the end of your temporary stay.

To prove that one would leave US after temp. stay, following docs would help.

Property Docs ( House, land etc)
Fixed Deposit Certificates
Bank Statements
Electricity and Phone Bills
Property Tax Bills
responsibility of un-married sons/daughters etc, if any...

My parents went for stamping yesterday and they got it without any problems/questions.

They carried above mentioned docs.

aks.

Visitor Visa

Gary

My father posted his visa appliction through drop-box in april 2002 . His visa was rejected on same grounds 214(b)

Next my father (retired bank manger) visited US consulate in Delhi and presented prroperty papers, bank accounts and electricity/water bills. He also gave my mother's passport/visa details as she has visited us earlier and went back to India. He got approved for 10 years first time.

Please ask your mother to carry relevant documents which can prove her ties to India. Property papers, bank documents, water/electricity bills etc should be ok.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to sponsor for my in laws, My FIL is above 60 but my MIL is < 60 does they both qualify for drop box , any feed back is appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your advices.

Thank a lot of your advices.

My father expired last year. She did carry the property papers with her but they did not even look.

Re: Thanks for your advices.

I think you haven't read my response to your another thread...

I am in the same boat, my father died three years ago and my Mother didn't want to come to US, but this time when I went to India I was able to convince her to come to US and applied the Visa with all the F***ing required documents (I don't understand what the F*** they want from us.) and got denied.

We applied once again after 2 weeks with the same documentation cos I didn't know what else to send to convince the Embassy jokers, and got denied again with no reason.

Guys, all the docs that you people mention, my mother already have them with her but no luck... is there any way to get her a visa?

Originally posted by gary_mail
Thank a lot of your advices.

My father expired last year. She did carry the property papers with her but they did not even look.

Originally posted by hopeIgetit
I want to sponsor for my in laws, My FIL is above 60 but my MIL is < 60 does they both qualify for drop box , any feed back is appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Doesn't matter how old they are at Chennai Consulate. For visitor visa, the first time, everyone is required to go in person, irrespective of age. My Dad is 65 and Mom is 57. They both had to take online appointment and had to go to Chennai Consulate. They went on 01/27/04.

Not sure abt other consulates.

Originally posted by aks999
Doesn't matter how old they are at Chennai Consulate. For visitor visa, the first time, everyone is required to go in person, irrespective of age. My Dad is 65 and Mom is 57. They both had to take online appointment and had to go to Chennai Consulate. They went on 01/27/04.

Not sure abt other consulates.

This is not true. My father is over 65 and he did a drop box last year for his visa in Chennai. That was his first time.

Maybe your parents had to go in person because one of them is below 60. Drop box for first timers is only if they are over 60.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know that, the status in US effect vasa app of an immediate relative ? if I have green card or if its under process how its going to effect visa app of my mother. I know that if you are a US citizen then its very hard to get visit visa for mother/father.
Any thoughts ?

thanks

sam012007 - I agree with you

I think we toke all the documents but I don’t know what else they want.

We want to reapply for the visa again in a month or so , I am not sure that she will get this time or not because I don’t have any more extra documents. Does any one know how many time we can apply for the visa one year ??

In india now all the travel agents have become Visa consultants they give tips and suggestions, I am planning to use one of them see how it goes.

Any more information will be helpful.

gary

you can apply at the most 2 times with 5 business days gap in between.
If you are rejected 2nd time then you need to wait for 2 yrs or if you still want to apply then you need to write a letter to director of that consulate explaining why you need visas.

Hope this helps you

visitor visa

HI,
SInce someone has started this thread, I had a couple of questions. Since my parents are applying for the first time this year, I'm worried, hence the questions. THey are both over 60.

- Their passports were issued in Bombay, but currently they are living in Bangalore. SO chennai is closer for them. Do they have to go to bombay since their passports were issued there?

- If they can go to chennai, can they use the drop box since they are over 60?

- Which of the 2 consulates are easier to get visa from?

Thanks very much in advance.

J Rao

Re: gary

On this point I differ with you....

You can apply as many time as you want after 3 working days of rejection... atleast this is what I was told at US Embassy Last month.

All you are loosing is $100 everytime, you got denied.

Originally posted by reach_honey
you can apply at the most 2 times with 5 business days gap in between.
If you are rejected 2nd time then you need to wait for 2 yrs or if you still want to apply then you need to write a letter to director of that consulate explaining why you need visas.

Hope this helps you

Originally posted by truenblue
I know that if you are a US citizen then its very hard to get visit visa for mother/father.

Of course - since the parents of a US citizen are eligible to file an I-130 and I-485 the day they arrive. Having done this after just entering on a B would be clear fraudulent entry, but if they get a six month I-94 and file after 90-120 days they'll be fine.

Or they could just overstay and file whenever they wanted - they don't need 245i for relief. The possibilities are endless, which is why consular officers are so reluctant to issue a B.

Originally posted by malludude
This is not true. My father is over 65 and he did a drop box last year for his visa in Chennai. That was his first time.

Maybe your parents had to go in person because one of them is below 60. Drop box for first timers is only if they are over 60.

You are right. That was last year. Rules have changed lately. Everyone has to go to consulate.

A friend of mine has a mother older than 60. She had to go too.