visitor visa for my mom

talashil

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I mom have tourist visa appt @ chennai counsulate . Here is my question . we are 3 brothers and all of us are in USA .One is on F1 , other one on L1 and I am on GC . Is it oky if she say , I have 3 sons and all of them are in USA. My father is not appearing for the VISA . Is it good to take his passport copy to so them no intent to stay in USA . pls advice

Thanks in advance !!!!

Form the few cases that I know, less chances of obtaining Visa for a single parent. May be, the IOs assume and doesn't like that they will be coming here to take the job of a Nanny and another simple reasoning is pairs do visit together for pleasure/vacation.

And, never lie. Straight answer to the questions is helpful. E.g., how many are there in USA? Better answer is simple "3" over "ALL MY 3 SONS".

Just tell them the truth. I have four brothers and among these three of us live here in the US, one on GC and the others on I-485 stages. My parents have assets in my home country and all they had to do was show that they have strong ties to their home country and they are coming only for a visit. None of my brothers or me sent them any sponsor letter or anything and they still got their 5 years multiple entry visas without any problems. Having more sons here have actually helpled them. Each time they came to visit us, they got at least 6 months of visa at the port of entry (two months of stay with each son). Last July, my Mom visited us alone and she got 9 months visa at the port of entry this time. :)