Visitor visa for already approved I-130 son and daughter-in-law

Rahuldip

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a US citizen and I have filed I-130 for my married son and his wife to come to US. The petition has been approved but I estimate them not coming to US until around 2014.

My question is that I want them to visit me in the US for a family wedding that is taking place at the end of this year. Is it possible to bring them here for like a month or two to attend the wedding since their I-130 is already approved? If so, Can someone please guide me in a step by step process?

Can i do it by myself or will I have to get in touch with a lawyer?

Your help is much appreciated. :)

Thank you,

D

The I-130 was filed so very long ago that it will likely be "current" in 2014?

They are not in a favorable position for either getting a new B visa or enntering on one already in possession. However, that said, overstaying would do no good because a preference category beneficiary MUST be in status to apply for adjustment of status and unlawful presence would prevent Consular Processing for 3 or 10 years.

Thay can try, if they can afford to lose the application fee(s) if refused a visa or airfare if refused entry. It is not an absolute yes or no situation, depends on the individual evidence presented.

Hello,

I am a US citizen and I have filed I-130 for my married son and his wife to come to US. The petition has been approved but I estimate them not coming to US until around 2014.

My question is that I want them to visit me in the US for a family wedding that is taking place at the end of this year. Is it possible to bring them here for like a month or two to attend the wedding since their I-130 is already approved? If so, Can someone please guide me in a step by step process?

Can i do it by myself or will I have to get in touch with a lawyer?

Your help is much appreciated. :)

Thank you,

D

Hey! you have any updates on this? I have a similar case an was wondering!