Visitor visa extention approved

devathi

Registered Users (C)
I have applied ( e-filed) for visitor visa extention for my parents on Jan 10, 2006. I sent all the needed documentation in post immediately. It is approved on Feb 10, 2006 with no questions asked and we recieved the approval notice 0n Feb 16th. Visa is extended for 6 mnoths.

docs for visa extension

devathi,

I am trying to do the same - get my Mom's visitor visa extended. Can you tell me which docs you had sent? Did you send original I-94 or copy?
What about air tickets? Did you get that extended before the visa extension?

Thanks,

Chimi

susan ward said:
Hi

Just a quick question

Did they have a b visa, or were they on a visa wavier?

I asked lawyer about extension when I was in the US on visa waiver in the past, and
he told me 90 days rule is more strict on visa waiver, and no extension is allowed.

Devathi,
Can you please tell me the reason u metioned for visa extension. I would like to extnd visa for my parents. I am pregnant and due end of August and would like my parents stay with me for my delivery

div2006 said:
Devathi,
Can you please tell me the reason u metioned for visa extension. I would like to extnd visa for my parents. I am pregnant and due end of August and would like my parents stay with me for my delivery
I think that's an excellent reason. :)

Hi Div2006,

Reason I mentioned if, they need more time to visit some more places in US and also they want to spend more time with us. Luckily it worked. Try your luck.

devathi said:
Hi Div2006,

Reason I mentioned if, they need more time to visit some more places in US and also they want to spend more time with us. Luckily it worked. Try your luck.
Devathy, did you show return tickets for your parents?

div2006 said:
Devathi,

div2006 under no circumstance mention this reason. not only will the request for exrtension will be denied, but their visa will also be cancelled. The reason will be your parents stay is equivalent to domestic help (or in other words work which some US worker can do). I know couple of cases which had this problem.

devathi's reason is perfect from the point of view of visitor visa

B2 extension - Please help

Hi
I am planning to apply for extension for my parents. Their I94 expires Nov 3.
They were here before in Apr 2002 and left on time in 6 months. My father is 73 yrs old and my mom is 67 yrs old.

I have read about the forms to be included for application but I am very confused about the letter of reason and return ticket.

Could you please share with me the letter you used for stating the reason for extension?

They currently have their tickets booked for Nov. 3. Do I have to rebook the tickets before applying for extension, if so, what date should I do the booking for - is it the date after 6 months ?

Also could you let me know which service center you applied.

Kindly do reply.

Anyone having any experience with this, please help me.

Appreciate your inputs very much.

hope this helps some people

We applied for my mom's visitor visa extension roughly about 45 days before her I-94 expires. I included a letter telling that she needed more time because she wasn't able to travel to all the places she'd hope to go and also that coming from sub-tropical climate(india) she was keen on spending some time in snowy mid-west this winter...Luckily for us they approved it...It was filed at nebraska and took them exactly 1 month to process it..Also I included latest bank statements showing I had money to support her and photocopied the section from her airline ticket showing ticket was valid for 1 year from date of issue..we ofcourse did not extend the ticket before hand....we did not send any originals..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response.
So just to confirm my understanding, there is no need to extend the tickets bfore applying?

couple more quick questions - 1) for the financial proof part, should I fill the Affidavit (I-134)? and do the bank statements that we keep include parents' accounts, which are with ICICI India?
2) what are the best things to show or the proof of ties? They have house and have pension. Is it sufficient to mention these in the letter or should we keep any documentation?

Thanks a lot to for all the help.

viddu.

My mother VISA extension

Hello,

Can you tell me what all the documents to be given with the application and what is the reason to be given.

with regards,
MJ.