Visiting Relative and Imapct on N-400

anonymous1979

Registered Users (C)
Our aunt visited US last year and stayed in the US for a year (She extended her visa). She is coming to US again after seven months. Does anyone think this can impact my N400 application. I issued affidavit of support when she applied for US Visa

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated

Our aunt visited US last year and stayed in the US for a year (She extended her visa). She is coming to US again after seven months. Does anyone think this can impact my N400 application. I issued affidavit of support when she applied for US Visa

It really shouldn't affect you. She at least went back. If there is going to be any issue at all, she may just not be granted another visiting visa but I dont see it affect your N-400. Remember you have no control on her decision to stay or overstay. The only way you can get worried is if she commits crime but if crime is not involved then you are good. Relax, your N-400 will come thru just fine. You will soon celebrate!!! :)

At the maximum, it may affect her next entry into US.

It would only affect your N-400 if she was maintaining an illegal presence here in the US. If she is perfectly legal to remain here you won't have any issues...

It would only affect your N-400 if she was maintaining an illegal presence here in the US. If she is perfectly legal to remain here you won't have any issues...

Well, It may be not correct. Her aunt being illegal or legal has nothing to do with her nephew/niece's N-400. It is not relevant so it won't affect his/her N-400 status no matter what.

It may affect aunt's entry or may pose problems with visa if she renews it if she overstays.