Visiting Europe while case still pending.

zbignev

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview over a year ago, but have not recieved any answer yet. Now if Iwant to visit europe what should I do? Will that affect my case anyhow?
Helps appreciated.

zbignev said:
I had my interview over a year ago, but have not recieved any answer yet. Now if Iwant to visit europe what should I do? Will that affect my case anyhow?
Helps appreciated.

If you leave the US while your case is pending, you will be abandoning your case... and you will not be able to enter back into the USA.

You do not qualify for Advance Parolee or RTD... so your best option is to wait till you have a decision in your case... hopefuly an aproval...

Good Luck,

You CAN travel

I got my Asylum status in 1998, and before obtaining Green Card I was in Europe twice - having just Refugee Travel Document (I-131). If you have your national unexpired Passport - it will be very helpful, but it is still posiible to travel without ANY passport, like myself. WARNING: you should not visit any country, which has broad with the country you are from. Another warning: if you do not have valid passport of any country - be ready to spend few hours at Airoport Customs, when you come back - it's a "rule", but just keep saying, that you are Asylee - and will never want to have the passport of country, that you run from. Any questions - contact me at ny5507@yahoo.com. Good luck! = Mila=

Mila from Y said:
I got my Asylum status in 1998, and before obtaining Green Card I was in Europe twice - having just Refugee Travel Document (I-131). If you have your national unexpired Passport - it will be very helpful, but it is still posiible to travel without ANY passport, like myself. WARNING: you should not visit any country, which has broad with the country you are from. Another warning: if you do not have valid passport of any country - be ready to spend few hours at Airoport Customs, when you come back - it's a "rule", but just keep saying, that you are Asylee - and will never want to have the passport of country, that you run from. Any questions - contact me at ny5507@yahoo.com. Good luck! = Mila=

She is not an asylee. She hasn't been approved yet. She can't travel!

Mila from Y said:

Mila, you are wrong. zbignev don't have a status. He/she is not and asylee. She just sent her case but have NOT been aproved.
Please read carefully before answering. You could mislead people badly.

zbignev said:
Helps appreciated.

As an asylum applicant you can get advance parole to travel abroad. But it is not recommended. You should stay put.

they will never give you advance porole

Helps appreciated.

when my asylum case was pending in 1997, twice i applied for permission to leave the country ad go to england, they rejected my application for advance porole twice, REASON:

MY CASE IS STILL PENDING

You are almost completly approved... its just a matter of weeks... I know the whole process is a pain... but at least you know for sure that if your name and fingerprints cleared you are fine...

Hang in there... and if nothing happens... make another infopass appointment or go to the asylum office where your case is pending and "remaind them" about your case... maybe you can even get the letter there....

My family's case was pending in recommended approval because of my father's security checks.... 1 month later after everything cleared they all got the final approval letter and i-94s for the whole family in the mail....

Good luck and congrats..

Dont forget to go to the asylum office and talk to someone there...