Visiting asylee issue

SpringC

Registered Users (C)
I miss my mom and want her to come to visit me. She visited me twice before. But I have a couple of question regarding my changed status.

I have a H1B valid until March 2010. My derivative aslyee was approved this month. I am wondering what my legally status is now? Is my H1B still valid?

In general, is it harder for my mom to come if I am an aslyee than I am a H1B holder? What type of visa my mom should apply for? Should I provide H1B document to my mom for the visa interview, or aslyee document ?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

I miss my mom and want her to come to visit me. She visited me twice before. But I have a couple of question regarding my changed status.

I have a H1B valid until March 2010. My derivative aslyee was approved this month. I am wondering what my legally status is now? Is my H1B still valid?

In general, is it harder for my mom to come if I am an aslyee than I am a H1B holder? What type of visa my mom should apply for? Should I provide H1B document to my mom for the visa interview, or aslyee document ?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

If your derivative asylum is approved, then your status is derivative asylee. You are no longer on H-1. As far as your mother visiting you, all they need is a visitor visa. My parents visited us last year with a visitor visa with no problems at all.

Thanks million!

That's very helpful. Thank you so much, mesbahul.

If your derivative asylum is approved, then your status is derivative asylee. You are no longer on H-1. As far as your mother visiting you, all they need is a visitor visa. My parents visited us last year with a visitor visa with no problems at all.