Visit Visa to the states. have many questions

ellet

Hey guys.

i am algerian national and all my 3 kids are US Citizens. My parents and my siblings are all US citizens and live in the states. I have my visa appointment at the embassy on monday and am scared to death that they will deny my visa. I live in saudi arabia with my husband and only want to go to america to visit my family that i havent seen in 5 years. i used to have green card but the embassy took it from me 2 yrs ago because i was out of the states for over 2 years. now i'm afraid they will deny me my visa to go there because of that. my husband is here and will not travel with me due to work. he just signed a contract with his new job.
should i be concerned? what proof should i take with me? i dont work. so i cant show any documents about my employer. i am a stay at home mom and stopped working when i gave birth a year ago.

please help. i am way too worried.

The fact that you once actually had a green card in the past may help your case. Is your husband also a US citizen?

i used to have green card but the embassy took it from me 2 yrs ago because i was out of the states for over 2 years. now i'm afraid they will deny me my visa to go there because of that.

hey triple citizen, was hoping u would read my question.
thanks.

yes my husband is US citizen. but because of some weird situations that we are in. he is not allowed to sponsor me. i am his second wife. there. i said it. :eek:

could the fact that my kids are citizens help at all?

I am guessing he himself got his GC by marrying a US citizen? Regardless, seeing that you once had a GC and you have a USC husband who lives and works outside the US, you should have a very decent chance of obtaining a visit visa. Best of luck!!!

yes my husband is US citizen. but because of some weird situations that we are in. he is not allowed to sponsor me. i am his second wife. there. i said it. :eek:

could the fact that my kids are citizens help at all?

thanks triple citizen.

actually he is african american. so he's always been a US citizen. what documents should i show? i am a stay at home mom

Well then what is the wierd reason that he cannot sponsor you? Regardless, that has nothing to do with your B-2 application. Carry proof of ties to Saudi Arabia. Carry proof of your husband's US citizenship and a copy of his "Iqama" to prove he works and lives in KSA.

he's always been a US citizen. what documents should i show? i am a stay at home mom

according to US immigration law, only the first wife is considered a wife. the second one doesn't exist. they only acknowledge the first.

Second wife would be considered a spouse as long as the first one is legally divorced and bigamy is not taking place.

according to US immigration law, only the first wife is considered a wife. the second one doesn't exist. they only acknowledge the first.

I've gotten so caught up in this illegal immigration issue that until now the following question had escapted me. My experience with entering across the mexican border is that when going into mexico an american citizen goes throught a minor check before being allowed entrance.

Hey guys.

i am algerian national and all my 3 kids are US Citizens. My parents and my siblings are all US citizens and live in the states. I have my visa appointment at the embassy on monday and am scared to death that they will deny my visa. I live in saudi arabia with my husband and only want to go to america to visit my family that i havent seen in 5 years. i used to have green card but the embassy took it from me 2 yrs ago because i was out of the states for over 2 years.

Hey guys.

i am algerian national and all my 3 kids are US Citizens. My parents and my siblings are all US citizens and live in the states. I have my visa appointment at the embassy on monday and am scared to death that they will deny my visa. I live in saudi arabia with my husband and only want to go to america to visit my family that i havent seen in 5 years. i used to have green card but the embassy took it from me 2 yrs ago because i was out of the states for over 2 years. now i'm afraid they will deny me my visa to go there because of that. my husband is here and will not travel with me due to work. he just signed a contract with his new job.
should i be concerned? what proof should i take with me? i dont work. so i cant show any documents about my employer. i am a stay at home mom and stopped working when i gave birth a year ago.

Generally, a foreign national who wishes to come to the United States must first obtain a visa. An individual can apply for one of two types of visas: a nonimmigrant visa for those who wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis, or an immigrant visa for those coming to the United States for obtaining permanent residency. A visa allows a foreign national to travel to any port-of-entry in the United States and request permission of a U.S. immigration inspector to enter the U.S.