visit to India

mehta

Registered Users (C)
I am currently working on H1 visa as an accountant and have sent for an extension of the H1 in November 2003.

My I 140 has been approved as a marketing manager in July 2003 and I have an AP to travel.

I am currenty not using the EAD for my employment and working on the H1 visa.

I need to travel urgently to India in the next week for 7-10 days. I am planning to go alone and leave my wife and son here.

Can I use the AP to travel? If yes? what are the documents that I need to carry for safe return back.

You can use AP, show AP at POE, and better take the copy of I-485 filing receipt with show if asked be back to US before AP expire. You can be on H1 if you continue working with same employer who filed your latest H1B and dont use EAD for work

The following is the reply from a para legal for the question that I had asked regarding my visit to India. Please let me know whether this is really true.

"You will need the advance parole, if you have a valid H1B bring that also, that’s really all you need.
If you ever want to use the Sec. 245i law, you cannot travel after April 30, 2001 or else you forfeit the right."

My Question:-
I am currently working on H1 visa as an accountant and have sent for an extension of the H1 in November 2003.

My I 140 has been approved as a marketing manager in July 2003 and I have an AP to travel.

I am currenty not using the EAD for my employment and working on the H1 visa.

I need to travel urgently to India in the next week for 7-10 days. I am planning to go alone and leave my wife and son here.

Can I use the AP to travel? If yes? what are the documents that I need to carry for safe return back
:confused:

245(I) is the is a law which will allow the people to get green card who went out of status before 2001. If you were out of status any time you should not travel.
Otherwise you can travel using your AP or H1B. H1B is preferred by the people. If you use AP carry I-485 receipt.

Docs for AP

What other docs are required?
- Advance Parole
- I485 receipt
- Emploment Letter
- Paystub

Anything else?
sdd