Visit to Home Country

LAMBOO

Registered Users (C)
I applied for asylum in 1997 and AOS in 2002. I applied for RTD every year to visit Canada and then to South Africa. In 2003 my mother of 88 years old was very sick and was loosing her memory quickly. As I was not supposed to use RTD to visit my home country so I applied for Advance Parole with USCIS to see my ailing mother and they issued me the same valid for 1 year. I visited my country for a short period of 3 weeks in January 2004 and entered USA from Newark airport where I was taken to Secondary Inspection and IO stamped my passport( not renewed after grant of Asylum) within 15 minutes without asking me any questions. I don't know what would happen at the time of adjustment. Just briefing my expeirence to visit my home country in emergency.
Lamboo

well just keep this in mind..Tell only if asked upon!..If you get an interview request then you should share your homeland visit..Otherwise if you don't count your lucky stars...

Lamboo (tall guy!).. ;)

What do you mean by this... "and they issued me the same valid for 1 year.".

They issued you what for 1 year. Advance payrole or RTD? Advance payrol is valid for 2 years not 1 year. How long did you stay in the country? I am very surprised that I/O stamped without even asking a question.

Yes USCIS issued Advance Parole valid for 1 year with multiple visits and IO stamped my national passport without asking any questions but fiddling through his computer.
Lamboo