visa yes visa no (RTD)

ianyu

Registered Users (C)
hi all -
lets start a list of countries which require/don't require visa for entry on RTD. Please add to this list only form experience. This was mine:

1. UAE - DOES NOT RECOGNIZE RTD
2. Portugal - visa
3. Australia - visa
4. UK - visa
5. Bahrain - visa
6. Bosnia - no visa

2. Portugal - visa
3. Australia - visa
4. UK - visa
5. Bahrain - visa
6. Bosnia - no visa
7. Germany - no visa
8 Italy - no visa if enter through europe.
9. Singapore - no visa

In response to:
"France - doesn't accept the RTD"

that is not entirely true. I went to Paris in 2001 using my RTD. Had no trouble getting in and coming back to the US.

Cheers!
Lee_haircut5

ianyu said:
lee - did you fly into france with RTD from the US? also the person who said a visa was not necessary for Italy if "enetered from Europe" : I did not quite get it, Italy is in Europe :) would you mind explaining. Lets post information from real experience ONLY :) :) thanks

I do not suggest people going to Italy without a visa. It is correct that once you are in Schegen country you can travel freely within the Schengen countries, but I don't think you will very happy if problem arises.

It is really not a big deal applying for a visa except some inconvenience and extra expenses for visa application.

In April, I traveled to the Netherlands, Belgium, France. I received my Schegen visa from the Netherlands Consulate. I went thru immigration control at the AMS Intenational Airport in Amsterdam (Netherlands). Thereafter, I was not required to go thru immigration when I traveled to Brussels (Belgium) and Paris (France) via trains.

In June, I traveled to Greece, Italy, and Spain. This time I received my Schegen visa from the Greece Consulate. I went thru immigration control in Athens (Greece). After Greece, I flew to Rome (Italy). The flight was treated as domestic flight so no immigration check piont. After Rome, I flew to Barcelona. Again, the flight was treated as domestic flight.

The bottom line is you should apply for a Schengen visa if one of the countries you travel to require one especially if it is your first point of entry.

Some of you might not agree with me, but I don't think you should trick the system.

Well I disagree with cchong. I was in europe for over 4 months with NO VISA at all and I was checked for passport for every police control while passing borders. I went from Germany to Netherlands where a Netherlands cop came on board and checked everyone's passport. He looked at my passport and didn't say GET OUT...

I went to Germany to Austria via train- Police control didn't say anything. Let me go.

I went to Germany to Switzerland which is not part of schegent or anything. The swiss police control was the nicest. They even asked me if I Knew that they use FRANCS AND EUROS In this country...No questions asked about passport.

Switerzland to Italy. Checked by 3 police control. No problems. I went from ITaly to NY and the immigration control didn't say a thing about not having a visa and in Italy. They just looked at the entry date and put a stamp with no problems.

I think since I didn't have a visa, I took a risk thinking the worst they could do was send me back to germany...big deal!...You can take the risk on your own but its not a big risk. Its a legal document and thats what it matters!!

QUESTION FOR wantmygcnow : Did you have any prblms and/or were you asked any special

question when coming back to the US after spending more than 4 months out of the country?I am just curious about this....I am also not sure if there's a time period that you are allowed to stay outside...I know about the one year thing.

We're getting of the main topic here. Let's get back to updating the list.
The original format looks fine..

2. Portugal - visa
3. Australia - visa
4. UK - visa
5. Bahrain - visa
6. Bosnia - no visa
7. Germany - no visa
8 Italy - no visa if enter through europe.
9. Singapore - no visa
10. Canada - visa

lee_haircut5 said:
In response to:
"France - doesn't accept the RTD"

that is not entirely true. I went to Paris in 2001 using my RTD. Had no trouble getting in and coming back to the US.

Cheers!
Lee_haircut5

Wellcome to 2004. Three years later when you last visited France with RTD. As of today:

- Non-resident aliens visiting the US under a B1/B2 visa, and holders of a re-entry permit or a refugee travel document cannot apply for a long-term visa.

IMPORTANT : Since October 2002, France no longer accept and recognize the INS-issued refugee travel document, except if on the first page, there is the mention "permanent resident". Consequently, no visa will be issued on presentation of this document.

You can read the rest of here: http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/visas/visasen.htm

HTH

amtbooks said:
Where I could find the information about RTD holders do not need a visa to visit Germany?

Email their embassy and ask them to send you a letter on their letterhead. This way you will have a compelling piece of document to carry with you to Germany.

ianyu said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Portugal - visa
3. Australia - visa
4. UK - visa
5. Bahrain - visa
6. Bosnia - no visa
7. Germany - no visa
8 Italy - visa
9. Singapore - no visa
10. Canada - visa
11.Denmark - visa
12.Brasil - visa
13.Barbados -visa
14.Israel - visa
15. Bulgaria - visa
16. Hungary - visa
17. Norway - visa
18.Ireland - no visa
18.Mexico - visa
19.China - visa
20. Belgium - visa
21. South Africa - visa (passport valid for at least 30 days after departing SA,http://www.southafrica-newyork.net/homeaffairs/visitorsvisa.htm)
22. Malaysia - Visa
23. Thailand - Visa