visa to Turkey

asylee25

Registered Users (C)
hello everybody,

i have a quick question: anybody applied for turkish visa?

They say it may take 2 or 3(!!!) months for their immigration service to clear my background check and then MAY BE(!!!)issue me a visa!!! ..i waited for RTD for so long. This is ridiculous!

so now i am thinking what if i travel to another third country where i will not need a visa? I mean i leave US on RTD, upon landing to that country just show my national passport? And show RTD on the way back?

Will there be a problem with IO since my RTD will not have any visas or stamps?

i will really appreciate your inputs. (you know, this is my first RTD-i am excited and nervous as hell)

best regards,

asylee25.

I applied for a turkish visa and got it on the spot the same day. Just waited for 10 minutes and it was all done. I believe the cost was 25$.
I don't think it's wise to use two documents it might raise unessecary concerns and who needs that. Go get a visa

niki_bb said:
I applied for a turkish visa and got it on the spot the same day. Just waited for 10 minutes and it was all done. I believe the cost was 25$.
I don't think it's wise to use two documents it might raise unessecary concerns and who needs that. Go get a visa

I also got a visa from Turkey on the spot--two years ago.

i feel much better now after your posts, guys! :). thanks!

But both of you applied in person. What if apply via mail?

Turkish VISA

Don't worry about it. It will take them a week (including delivery time by mail) to issue you a VISA. I went through it and had no problems

Hello to everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I had a question for anyone who has gotten a turkish visa using the RTD. could you tell me what form you used?Is it just the regular tourist Visa for US non-citizens?
I called the embassy in houston and they were extremely rude and did not help me at all( :rolleyes: Told me to call back two months later).
thanks,
manikh

manikh said:
Hello to everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I had a question for anyone who has gotten a turkish visa using the RTD. could you tell me what form you used?Is it just the regular tourist Visa for US non-citizens?
I called the embassy in houston and they were extremely rude and did not help me at all( :rolleyes: Told me to call back two months later).
thanks,
manikh
You will need to go to this website http://www.turkishembassy.org/consularservices/forms/index.htm
Choose the first option below tourist visa for non-us citizens.
Fill out the form and on question #20 it asks what kind is your travel document?you should be able to see option #4 which has US refugee travel document.

Good luck.