Visa Revalidation

nirmury

I was with company A on H1 status, then moved to company B, then to company C. Presently working in company C from past 14 months and also have approved H1 papers from my previous and present employer. Now my H1 visa which I got stamped from company A, from my home country, is getting expired on 22Nov2002 and I have a plan to visit my country on vacation some where around month of November. I am planning to get stamped before I plan for vacation, but when I look in to DOS web site it clearly says that "If your existing visa is still valid, it will not be considered for re-issuance until the remaining validity is within sixty days of expiring" with highlighted. If so, then I have to apply only after 22Sep2002, then there might be high probability of not getting my stamped passport back for my Nov trip. What do I need to do for this type of situation? Is it OK if I call DOS and explain the situation and see what happens? or is any body else has gone through this situation earlier? please advise. I had seen couple of cases like this but did not find any solution so far!!!

Apply in home country

> there might be high probability of not getting my stamped passport back for my Nov trip. What do I need to do for this type of situation? Is it OK if I call DOS and explain the situation and see what happens?

Take a printout of the DOS website where the 60 day renewal rule is explained for the visa officer in your home country.

Other options:

- Travel via Canada but before that make appointment for visa interview.

- Postpone or move forward your trip, in order to renew within US before travel or after returning.

revalidation

when there is a company change can be done soon after joining new company. Consulates do not reject revalidations. You are fine.
Even if it is rejected, all you need is to
1. have atleast one valid stamp
2. All h1s (original)
3. Unambiguous start dates with all the employers (in line with the H1s)

U can come back and can revalidate with St.Louis then.

revalidation

when there is a company change can be done soon after joining new company. Consulates do not reject revalidations. You are fine. Even if it is rejected, all you need is to 1. have atleast one valid stamp 2. All h1s (original) 3. Unambiguous start dates with all the employers (in line with the H1s) U can come back and can revalidate with St.Louis then.