Visa-Revalidation:Mistake in Zipcode in return airbill

kumarsj

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I sent by passport for re-validation of my H1-visa on 19-Sep-2002.
Reached St Louis on 20-Sep-2002.

In the return airbill (fedex) I made a mistake in my home address zip code.

Is their anyway possible to contact Department of State/visa and inform them about the correct zip code.

Any phone no. to call ???

I called fedex, they are unable to help since the return airbill tracking no is still not been updated in their system until it is shipped back.

My concern is sometime the visa department might send back the passport in ordinary postal mail.

please help

Kumar

If you sent a fedex return receipt they will just use it to send it. If you see the revalidation URL you will find a fax number, to which you can send the corrected zip with a detailed explanation letter.

Otherwise, just sit tight and keep checking for the usage of the airway bill every other day and after it is mailed, call fedex to correct the mistake.
No public telephone access line to St.Louis office available...

fedex questions for revalidation

Hi ,
I have a couple of questions regarding h1 revalidation:

1. should I send a prepaid fedex airbill alone or should I stick it to an fedex envelope too?

2. I understand that the enclosed airbill should be addressed to myself, but what should I write in the sender's address? should it be st. Loius address or the washington address or should I leave it alone? Fedex says that they cannot accept a shipment without a sender's address.
I will appreciate a quick reply.

-regards
Chandra

Hi ,
I have a couple of questions regarding h1 revalidation:

1. should I send a prepaid fedex airbill alone or should I stick it to an fedex envelope too?

2. I understand that the enclosed airbill should be addressed to myself, but what should I write in the sender's address? should it be st. Loius address or the washington address or should I leave it alone? Fedex says that they cannot accept a shipment without a sender's address.
I will appreciate a quick reply.

-regards
Chandra

thanks jaxen,

one more question:
I sent my pp and docs for revalidation today.
I took out the sender's copy from the self addressed airbill (stuck in a fedex envelope) that I sent with my application. Is that ok? any comments or experiences ??

thanks
chandra

jaxen,

I took out the sender's copy because the fedex guy told me to.
Do you see a problem with this?

You are not the "sender" of the self address envelope- right as per definition ? Anyway this is not a serious issue.

chandra:

I did the same thing, its not a problem. DOS will send u back the fedex envelope with the return airbill.