Visa Revalidation ends on July 6, 2004

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
http://www.immigration-law.com

06/11/2004: Report from Philly: State Department Terminates Visa Revalidation Services 07/06/2004

The U.S. Department of State disclosed today that the visa revalidation services will be ceased as of July 6, 2004. Any cases which are receipted by the date will be completed.
This web site already warned the immigrant community that DOS was planning to terminate this service because biometrics and interview issues relating to the homeland security. Those who need the revalidation should file as quickly as possible before this service disappears! This termnation notice will be published in the federal register shortly.

I don't think this is correct information....All leading sites says only from 1st Oct, even that is not sure.

gsram said:
I don't think this is correct information....
---Then dont belive,
All leading sites says only from 1st Oct, even that is not sure.
----- what are all leading sites? they Said in past and you will read the same sites after 13 june and will find the new info.

visa revalidation ends 3 weeks from now?

I surfed the net with that information but I can't find anything. Anyway, you said there if the application is receipted by July 6, 2004, does receipted means, the time that your information is uploaded in their computer? or that it was postmarked on or before July 6, 2004? Please help... Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
bunch324 said:
I surfed the net with that information but I can't find anything.

----- go to www.immigration-law.com then go to BREAKING NEWS
Anyway, you said there if the application is receipted by July 6, 2004, does receipted means, the time that your information is uploaded in their computer? or that it was postmarked on or before July 6, 2004? Please help... Thank you very much!
------visa revalidation services will be ceased as of July 6, 2004. Any cases which are receipted by the date will be completed

RE: Ginnu, please advise

Ginnu:

My 6th Year H1B Visa expires on oct 1st 2004 and I have applied for my 7th year H1B / H4B Visa under premium processing and should hear from the authorities any day, Is there a way I can submit my paper work for renewal by end of June - The revalidation rule is that you cannot submit prior to 60 days, please advise ASAP..

Thanks

dude2711725 said:
Ginnu:

My 6th Year H1B Visa expires on oct 1st 2004 and I have applied for my 7th year H1B / H4B Visa under premium processing and should hear from the authorities any day, Is there a way I can submit my paper work for renewal by end of June -
The revalidation rule is that you cannot submit prior to 60 days, please advise ASAP..
---that is correct 60 days.
Thanks

they seem to have deleted the link, because the current news points to old 2002 directive, cancelling automatic revalidation when returning from visits to North American countries or some countries in Europe. So i dont think July 6 is the deadline else DOJ website would have said so.

:)

ginnu said:
I don't think this is correct information....
---Then dont belive,
All leading sites says only from 1st Oct, even that is not sure.
----- what are all leading sites? they Said in past and you will read the same sites after 13 june and will find the new info.

I believe ginnu now as that site removed the information...... :eek:

Leading sites I mean..this one(immigration.com and murthy.com) as far I know.

gsram said:
I believe ginnu now as that site removed the information...... :eek:
----Dear it is still on that site go to Breaking news and check
Leading sites I mean..this one(immigration.com and murthy.com) as far I know.
----- you are correct, Murthy has not posted that info till date. I just posted what is on other lawyer site.

Ds156

I've a DS156 question.

Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?
My employer filed for labor certification should i answer YES or NO

thanks

b_sundar said:
I've a DS156 question.

thanks

NO
Only if you applied for I-140, you can say yes.

b_sundar said:
I've a DS156 question.

-----NO is correct answer becase LC is NOT immigration petition. I-140 is immigration petition
thanks