Visa Renewal in Vancouver - possible to get the same day?

isprikitiktik

Registered Users (C)
I just got the confirmation letter from the NVARS reservation system and it says that:

"As of January 1, 2004, visas will not be returned the same day..."

I'm on H1B stamp visa renewal because I need to get out of the country for an emergency.

Is this interpretation correct? We can't get back the visas the same day? Because of the nature of our emergency time is of the essence and we need to get the visa the same day.

I remember when we went in Vancouver for visa stamp last June 2004 we got the passports with visa renewal the same day in the afternoon.

I will appreciate any input!

Thanks

As far as I know and heard, passport is returned only the next working day in Canada. I know this for sure with Ottawa because I had my stamping done last Sep and it was returned next day at 3 PM. I don't think they would have different rules for each US consulate in Canada.

Friend of mine who wanted the passport on the same day went to Mexico for his H1 Visa stamping. If it is not too late, check out whether you can do the stamping in Mexico.

I just got the confirmation letter from the NVARS reservation system and it says that:

"As of January 1, 2004, visas will not be returned the same day..."

I'm on H1B stamp visa renewal because I need to get out of the country for an emergency.

Is this interpretation correct? We can't get back the visas the same day? Because of the nature of our emergency time is of the essence and we need to get the visa the same day.

I remember when we went in Vancouver for visa stamp last June 2004 we got the passports with visa renewal the same day in the afternoon.

I will appreciate any input!

Thanks

you are right...Vancouver is really nice

is it ok if I can request to the officer that I can get it the same day and say this is an emergency situation?

It turned out Vancouver US consulate doesn't issue visas the same day anymore.

However, the consulate help us out get the visa the same day because of my American citizen son and with the family emergency.

Otherwise, it's next day.