Visa rejection

manu mathew

They rejected my visa saying that my employer letter was not clear.Can you please tell me how much time it will take again in DC office if we sent it directly to there.Also what should be the format for an employer letter.

thanks

Hi manu mathew

Usually it takes two weeks to get the visa from DC office.
Can you please post more details SL RD etc and when did u got the PP back.

also can you post the letter details you sent.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same issue. Though i did send with new emp. letter with new format. They issued the visa ( DC Office ) with in two weeks.

Galaxy03 & mathew,

Can you please both post the information of the letter.

It will help every one.

Thanks.

revalidation Employer Letter

=========================================
Please change < your name> < your company name> < your client name>, job tiltle, company profile and also change your package information ( including your benefits)

==============================================

May 6, 2003

Visa Services
U.S. Department of State
2401 E Street NW (SA-1 L703)
Washington, DC – 20522-0106

RE: <Your Company Name here>’s H-1B visa Revalidation Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker on behalf of Mr. <Your Name here>

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is submitted in support of <Your Company Name here>’s H-1B visa Revalidation submitted by Mr. <Your name here>. Mr. <Your Name here>’s temporary professional services are required as a <Programmer / Analyst or your job title here> on assignment with one our largest clients, the <Your Client Name Here> Corporation.

As a Programmer / Analyst, Mr. <Your Name here> is responsible to analyze, design code and <more Description>. Specifically, Mr. <your Name here> is responsible < your job duty and work related stuff>. In addition Mr. <Your Name here> is responsible for < if you have any additional responsibility >.

Mr. <Your Name> also consults with the appropriate <Client Department name> departments to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Furthermore, Mr. <Your Name here> is responsible to develop and illustrate project specifications using flowcharts and diagrams into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into computer applications, languages and systems applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.

The <Your Company Name> Group supplies the <Description of your company role> with highly qualified engineering and computer professionals for both short and long term projects. We recruit individuals who have extensive schooling in the engineering and computer fields with relevant work experience. Our high standards have enabled us to develop an excellent reputation within the automotive industry and we have become a major supplier of professionals to companies such as the <Some of good Clients names >.

Mr. <Your Name here> has met our high standards. Mr. <Your Name here > is currently receiving <your salary as hourly or yearly > and addition benefit package including Medical and dental insurance, Life insurance, Short and Long Term disability, 401(k) Participation, paid personal/vocation day and 12 paid holidays per year. In addition Mr. <Your Name> is receiving additional benefits including 3 days Bereavement pay for immediate Family, 125 Tax Reduction, Dependent Care reimbursement Account, Tuition Reimbursement, Referral Bonus and Anniversary Bonus. Mr. <Your Name> extremely well-qualified for the position in that he holds the equivalent of a U.S. Master Degree in Computer Science. In addition, Mr. <Your Name> has over <number of years> years of experience as a <Your job title >. Mr. <your Name>’s academic and theoretical background is complemented by his hands-on experience in the industry. Mr. <Your Name> is the ideal candidate for this temporary assignment and is an exceptionally well-qualified Programmer/Analyst (Software Developer/Programmer).

Therefore, your assistance in revalidating this H-1B visa on behalf of the <Your Company name> and Mr. <Your Name> is greatly appreciated. We thank you for your assistance for this matter.

Very truly yours,

<Your Company HR or responsible person name>
<Title and etc.)

<Signature>

I have applied for visa revalidation in August 2002. They rejected my application saying my old visa with my previous employer was still valid to August 2003. So i sent my documents again directly to DC in July 2003. How long should it take?? 2 weeks or 3 months??

Hi,
Thank you all for your imm. help.

I sent my PP back to DC on july 30th .
This is the employer letter I got from my company.

Date
The Visa Office
US Department of State
Washington, DC 20522-0106

Re: Applications for H1-B visa Reissuance on behalf of Mr .< NAME>

Dear Sir/Madam:

We hereby respectfully request the reissuance of an H1-B visa stamp to be placed in Mr. < NAME> passport valid until June 20, 2004, consistent with the enclosed I-797 Approval Notice.

< name of company> Inc is a California based international software development and consulting firm, which provides development work, and software support for a wide range of Web services environments as well as client-server environments. Our clients include ----------- etc. Our services to them include systems design, development and implementation of their systems.

Mr. < NAME> is fully qualified for this position by virtue of the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science he received from ---------University, India in 1993 and his approximately Ten years of employment in the computer programming/analysis field. Thus, pursuant to the Immigration & Naturalization Service's concurrent, we are employing him in H1-B status in the position of Software Engineer with an annual salary of $58,000. In this capacity, Mr. < NAME> is responsible for performing complex systems analysis, design and implementation.

It may become necessary for Mr< NAME> to travel abroad while in H1-B status on our behalf, and we therefore request your cooperation in reissuing the H1-B visa to reflect his lawful employment with ------ Inc. Valid until June 20, 2004.

We therefore, respectfully request, your courtesies in having an H1-B visa placed in Mr. < NAME> passport reflecting his new employment with our company.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

Very truly yours,
NAME
Director, Human Resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please update when you get your visa revalidated, it will be help to others.

Galaxy03 & manu Mathew: did you receive any letter that you should submit PP to DC with correct or new employer letter?

Galaxy03 & manu Mathew

You sent your revalidation package to SL and then it reached DC and DC office said that your employer letter is not correct and did not stamp Visa.

So it means that you received letter that that your employer letter has not correct info needed? Is that correct?

Then you submitted again your PP with new employer letter to DC

Did you pay any fee to DC when you again sent the PP to DC?

Did you send the letter or copy of the letter that said your employer letter is not correct with package to DC?

Did you write any cover letter to DC? What you wrote
Did you pay any fee second time to DC?

Did you again submitted H1 approval, DS-156, DS-157

Did you mention on out side of envelope that you again sent to DC that like “ New evidence submitted or new employer letter submitted g221 or any other info that can help others