Visa Re-Validation

ramkar

Registered Users (C)
HI,
The following is my situation.If anyone has similair experience
to this or some valid suggestions or insight,please let me know

I had sent my I-797(Notice of Action),DS-156 form (with my photo according to the specification),DS-157 form,my employer's letter regarding my exployment,I-94(old),valid passport, two money order's of amount 100 and 175 dollars towards Department of State,plus an additional photo with my signature at the back for visa revalidation to Saint Louis, Missouri.

I got my passport back without stamping.No reason has been specified.In the top right corner of my DS-156 form,which is forofficial use only,the issued category is circled.And issued date is mentioned as 3/10(This year).Also someone have marked their
initial next to it.Also my visa category(H1B) has been written with MULT OR circled.Also under (not in it) Refusal reviewed by line it has been written Recp-15.Recp is legible.Rest of the part,seems like that.DS-157 form also got returned.

MY I-797 has my I-94 till feb'2005.My old visa stamping got expired March 2002.I had sent for my new visa stamping on Jan'2003 which is within one year stipulated period,if I have to get my stamping
in U.S.
What are my options? Can I resend my papers to Washington for stamping or should I get stamped
in my home country.
Another point is,I sent my papers through fedex to Saint Louis.But it seems it got returned from Washington.
This information I got when I tracked my return fedex tracking number.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing I can add is..

I too noticed during my H1 re-validation that I had fedexed the docs to St Louis but they got returned from Washington, DC.
It is possible that they looked at your case when your visa was already expired for over a year ?
Another case to look at is..have they cashed both the checks..if they had refused the visa then they would not cash the $175 check.
Any chance you are from a special reg country ? ( most likely not )

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I called the D.C office.It seems there was some mix up.
They asked me to send the documents again for stamping
I sent $100 and $75 mo's only.Not as mentioned in my previous
post.They have cashed both the money order's.