• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Processing

joss88

Is it in order to request the Embassy to process my visa(applicant) first, then embark on my son's once i get his travel consent sorted? Is that an option?

Considering your interview was back in November (if memory serves me well), contacting the embassy and requesting they issue your visa and leave your son off your petition may be your best bet at securing a visa if you’re unable to get the consent letter for your child from the father. This means your son is unlikely to get a visa as your DV derivative, since your allocated visas have already been sent back to KCC and the embassy will need to make a new request for a new visa to be issued to you.

If you eventually resolve things with your ex and are able to secure the consent letter, you’ll be able to sponsor your son to come join you in the US, of course that’s like a 2 year process.

Considering your interview was back in November (if memory serves me well), contacting the embassy and requesting they issue your visa and leave your son off your petition may be your best bet at securing a visa if you’re unable to get the consent letter for your child from the father. This means your son is unlikely to get a visa as your DV derivative, since your allocated visas have already been sent back to KCC and the embassy will need to make a new request for a new visa to be issued to you.

If you eventually resolve things with your ex and are able to secure the consent letter, you’ll be able to sponsor your son to come join you in the US, of course that’s like a 2 year process.
Wow!!! I presumed since my DV lot expires in September, i have until then to get my visa, and should the Embassy agree to process mine first, i would embark on my son as soon as i sort out the issue without much hustle, as long as its before September. 2 years is a lot of time..

Wow!!! I presumed since my DV lot expires in September, i have until then to get my visa, and should the Embassy agree to process mine first, i would embark on my son as soon as i sort out the issue without much hustle, as long as its before September. 2 years is a lot of time..
I am not in a rush to travel, but to secure our visas..If i get mine, i still will not be able to process my son's within the September 2019 window?

The summary of what I’ve said is that there’s no guarantee - Yes the FY ends on Sept. 30th and you both technically have until then to get issued with visas, BUT your visas are no longer reserved. The embassy will need to send in a request to KCC in order for your visas to get allocated.