Visa Petition sent to NVC, but my parents are in USA

Judy2007.ok

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday(4/17/07) I received I-130 Approval notice (4/11/07) from CSC. It says the original visa petition has been sent to NVC(national visa center). But my parents are in USA now, and I submitted I485 for them with I130 at same time. Also they did FP on 04/02/2007. Is it a mistake?

Thanks.

Yes, it is a mistake. Since you did not file I130 & I485 concurrently, as a routine process, approved I130 was sent to NVC for further consular processing.

Since you have filed I485 (AOS) and already had FP done, your AOS is on track. Just make sure your AOS keeps moving forward. You can inform NVC that you are doing AOS.

Will it delay the AOS process?

Do I need to write a letter to NVC or call them?
Will this mistake (sending I130 to NVC) delay the AOS process?
Does USCIS need orignial I130 petition to process I485?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need to write a letter to NVC or call them?
write. You may also need to file a form I-824.

Will this mistake (sending I130 to NVC) delay the AOS process?
probably not.

Does USCIS need orignial I130 petition to process I485?
SInce it's been approved already - probably not.

Since you did not file I130 & I485 concurrently, as a routine process, approved I130 was sent to NVC for further consular processing.
that's not true. I submitted them separately, but indicated that I'd be doing AOS. The application remained at the service center after approval and later on my I-485 was adjudicated at the interview.

Do I need I 824 to ask NVC to send back my petition to CSC?
After reading the I824, I don't think I can check any box to ask NVC to send back my petition to CSC.
I'm confused.
Also I sent I485 & I130 concurrently. It's their mistake to send my petition to NVC. Will they find the mistake when they process the AOS and ask NVC to send back the document?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you send them concurrently in the SAME package to Chicago lockbox? it looks like you sent them to different places at the same time, which doesn't quite mean (in the USCIS terms) - concurrently.

Try a letter first.