Visa Numbers

tufaan

Registered Users (C)
Where could I read more about all kinds of visa number quotas for all categories?

I am interested to specifically know about the following:

1) How many visas are available per year for EB3?
2) Out of that how many for each country? i.e. India, China, or others?
3) Is there a way to find out how many people are waiting for a certain category at a certain time?

1) How many visas are available per year for EB3?
2) Out of that how many for each country? i.e. India, China, or others?

Look at the visa bulletin for an overview. What complicates matters is that EB2 gets unused EB1 numbers, and EB3 gets unused EB1/EB2 numbers. Additionally, oversubscribed countries can exceed the per-country limit in certain cases.

3) Is there a way to find out how many people are waiting for a certain category at a certain time?

Not really.

Look at the visa bulletin for an overview. What complicates matters is that EB2 gets unused EB1 numbers, and EB3 gets unused EB1/EB2 numbers. Additionally, oversubscribed countries can exceed the per-country limit in certain cases.

Not really.

I am trhing to find out how many visas does each country get. I understand there are total of 140,000 visas in Employment based category, out of which 28.6%. i.e. 35,840 visas are for EB3 category. But this is for worldwide. To the best of my knowledge there are close to 200 countries in the world. How many out of 35,840 visas can be used by individual counties? In this case how many can be used by India or China before they determine that "U" Unavailability for a specific country.

Not really.

What are the cases when oversubscribed countries is allowed the per-country limit?

Also is there anything published on how they determine the priority dates each month?

based on visa number demand from USCIS service centers which adjudicates I-485's and foreign consular posts (Consular processing), they move priority dates back and forth

There are 140,000 EB visas per year. Also the per country ceiling limit is set at 7%. The number of applicants for each category and country are unpublished (so all predictions are guesswork).