Visa numbers..interesting hopeful note on Murthy

united nations: I am confused? I already had my FP in Dec 05, so why again. I have heard that FP expire in 2 years, but mine came up in 18 months almost?

Any reason?

Andy

New Biometrics drive

May be for for expired FPs, I too got 2nd FP (code 1 Biometric) notices for self and family. My first FP was done on 08/2005.

It seems that there is a drive from USCIS now to get mass update most expired FPs as a mere processing step.

IF ROW becomes current in future, then IF any spill over, and IF ... PD moves :confused:, then these FPs will be handy for them. Or they will also be useful for any futher name checks and to proceed with new RFEs.

More than that, I can not read too much into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance that EB3 ROW will become current?
I almost have given up hope...
MY PD is somewhere in 2005...

little hopeful

Well it will be interesting to note who else is getting the Bio notice. The encouraging note by Murthy.com is keeping us hopeful now. May be in the last quarter of this fiscal year or in the Oct visa bulletin we might see India EB3 India touching EB3 China which is 01 Aug 2002. it's a wishful thinking but you can never be sure of DOS.

EB3 India
PD - June, 2002
RD Sept 2003
FP - Oct 2004
VSC -> TSC
Bio (Code 3) notice received (appointment - 05/04/07)

Yes ..

Well it will be interesting to note who else is getting the Bio notice. The encouraging note by Murthy.com is keeping us hopeful now. May be in the last quarter of this fiscal year or in the Oct visa bulletin we might see India EB3 India touching EB3 China which is 01 Aug 2002. it's a wishful thinking but you can never be sure of DOS.

EB3 India
PD - June, 2002
RD Sept 2003
FP - Oct 2004
VSC -> TSC
Bio (Code 3) notice received (appointment - 05/04/07)

pinnu,

The best case scenario is that India EB3 advances well into 2001 or even mid 2002 by the Sept '07 bulletin. If this happens, it will be a small window of opportunity for some to get approved or file 485s before they reconsider everything and pull back again in Oct '07 anticipating demand from the BEC approved labors. Its pure luck at this point. The other problem is that if people do get current in summer, will their cases be processed prior to Oct '07? There can be RFEs, FPs and ofcourse the biggest problem ... NAME CHECK.

Atleast there is some sort of hope as opposed to total doom and gloom.

cheers,

saras

Around 70000 cases. Don't ask me to break down by priority date or country of origin.

Thanks! So we are down to 70,000 from 300,000 originally. What good would banning Labor Substitution do now? Many out of the 230,000 cleared from BEC would have been substituted by now.

I got bio notice code 1. This was my 4th FP .

On last wed I called USCIS to check status of my case. I know my case is stuck in security check. I just asked officer about my security checks and officer was helpful enough to tell me that my case is still pending security checks.

So all this Bios/FPs doesn't mean anything. Even after waiting for 5 years my security check is not cleared. don't know what else can i do? i already contacte senator earlier but nothing can't can't be done til visa numbers are available was the answer.

Thanks Saras76

This kind of optimism really helps to move forward with a happy note in daily activities. There is a lot of subject and discussion that was built around this retrogression. I personally prefer to have hope than despair and it is chaotic to predict uncertain PD decisions those are based on not-so-certain estimates and corrections. Murthy's bulletin is really making some hope & interest to come back to forums to feel some movement. I too believe that PDs move with some momentum now.

I wish that we will have a nice time with many approvals by the end of this summer.

pinnu,

The best case scenario is that India EB3 advances well into 2001 or even mid 2002 by the Sept '07 bulletin. If this happens, it will be a small window of opportunity for some to get approved or file 485s before they reconsider everything and pull back again in Oct '07 anticipating demand from the BEC approved labors. Its pure luck at this point. The other problem is that if people do get current in summer, will their cases be processed prior to Oct '07? There can be RFEs, FPs and ofcourse the biggest problem ... NAME CHECK.

Atleast there is some sort of hope as opposed to total doom and gloom.

cheers,

saras

Thanks Saras76

This kind of optimism really helps to move forward with a happy note in daily activities. There is a lot of subject and discussion that was built around this retrogression. I personally prefer to have hope than despair and it is chaotic to predict uncertain PD decisions those are based on not-so-certain estimates and corrections. Murthy's bulletin is really making some hope & interest to come back to forums to feel some movement. I too believe that PDs move with some momentum now.

I wish that we will have a nice time with many approvals by the end of this summer.

keep in mind there are pre-adjudicated cases, my pd is July 2002 and I have recieved Bio FP for my self and my wife, I raised enquiry thru local senator last year and I got reply stating everything is complete in my case and waiting for availibity of visa.

so I am hoping once my PD becomes current I might see approval,

again this being optimistic

keep in mind there are pre-adjudicated cases, my pd is July 2002 and I have recieved Bio FP for my self and my wife, I raised enquiry thru local senator last year and I got reply stating everything is complete in my case and waiting for availibity of visa.

so I am hoping once my PD becomes current I might see approval,

again this being optimistic

Did you receive your Bio FP last year or recently?

Bio notices ..

Mine last year august 2006 my wife received in feb 2007

guldukan,

It is good that your Bios were done recently. If you do become current in the near future your process should be quick. On my side, my wife completed her Bio in Mmay 05 and I completed it in March '06 (we had previously completed a set of code 1FPs in Jan 05). I believe the gap between mine and my wifes Bios was caused by name check issues with my name. Ever since we gave our Bios, we have not had any other FP notices.

I have heard of a lot of cases where if the Bio had been completed and had expired (15 months rule) the USCIS went ahead and approved the case and then sent out a second Bio notice along with the approval notice. Once the Bio was completed after the official approval, they created the card and mailed it out. I have known of several people who had this happen. Hopefully this is what will happen in my case.

Again, it might all be wishful thinking at this point but atleast there is some hope.

cheers,

saras

Given the labor sub ban that will be implemented pretty soon, I don't think we should expect to see any movement till August Bulletin.

guldukan,

I have heard of a lot of cases where if the Bio had been completed and had expired (15 months rule) the USCIS went ahead and approved the case and then sent out a second Bio notice along with the approval notice. Once the Bio was completed after the official approval, they created the card and mailed it out. I have known of several people who had this happen. Hopefully this is what will happen in my case.

Again, it might all be wishful thinking at this point but atleast there is some hope.

cheers,

saras

I guess the above could be true even in my case..whenever it moves. I completed my interview in feb and the officer told me that I would've approved your GC if visas were available. It had been more than 15 months since my wife & I did our bio.
Anyways, lets hope that there is some movement in June bulletin. I am hoping that EB2 India shall move and then EB3 as well. Lets see. Until it does, its all speculation, in my mind.

What is a process to get the status on name check

Will appreciate any feedback on this.
I have a FP appt tommorow.

EB3 India
PD Jan-2002

there is no process now to get an update besides taking an infopass and asking a visa officer to check for you. When you go for your FP, request the officer then to check for you.

QUESTION -
When should you get a biometric notice?
After you submit your I-485? or after your I-140 gets approved?

My I-140 got approved about 2 years ago.
No biometric notices for me...