Visa numbers..interesting hopeful note on Murthy

Bio noitces

QUESTION -
When should you get a biometric notice?
After you submit your I-485? or after your I-140 gets approved?

My I-140 got approved about 2 years ago.
No biometric notices for me...

ordinaria,

As with any USCIS process, there is no set pattern for sending out Bio notices. Up until 2-3 years ago there was no such thing as a Bio notice. Only Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices used to be sent out. Once cases were approved, the applicant had to setup an appointment to get his/her PP stamped. During the PP stamping they used to do the Biometrics capture (Index finger print, signature and photo). Now they just send out Bio notices and have applicants do them well in advance of approval.

Getting the Bio out of the way is a good thing. Hopefully they will send one out for you soon. There have been cases where the Bio notice was sent with the apporval notice.

cheers,

saras

Biometrics?

ordinaria,

As with any USCIS process, there is no set pattern for sending out Bio notices. Up until 2-3 years ago there was no such thing as a Bio notice. Only Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices used to be sent out. Once cases were approved, the applicant had to setup an appointment to get his/her PP stamped. During the PP stamping they used to do the Biometrics capture (Index finger print, signature and photo). Now they just send out Bio notices and have applicants do them well in advance of approval.

Getting the Bio out of the way is a good thing. Hopefully they will send one out for you soon. There have been cases where the Bio notice was sent with the apporval notice.

cheers,

saras

Saras,

I am assuming you get biometric notice after 140 is approved only if you have applied 485 concurrently. If you have just applied for 140 and its approved you don't get biometric. Correct?

Yes ..

Saras,

I am assuming you get biometric notice after 140 is approved only if you have applied 485 concurrently. If you have just applied for 140 and its approved you don't get biometric. Correct?

Biometric is a type of FP notice and is only received after filing 485. It has nothing to do with I-140 filing.

later,

saras

SM says the following :

We would also note that, while forward movement is expected for the summer in 2007, it is also expected that the cutoff dates could move further back during the fall of 2007. Therefore, those who benefit by the movement need to take advantage of it while they can.

I guess it should not be a small step forward and a giant leap backwards :)

Also discussed was the possibility that the labor substitution process will end in the near future. This would reduce some of the demand for visa numbers and the use of older priority dates. Without substitution, many of the older cases will simply be abandoned because the employers will not continue to sponsor the original beneficiaries for any number of reasons.

Ok that will give some movement to EB India.... good. Now will this drive the price of preApproved labor up, for now?

Last edited by a moderator:
GC Meltdown

Attorneys Murthy and Finkelstein spoke with Mr. Oppenheim on February 28, 2007 at an AILA meeting. Mr. Finkelstein pointed out that, based on our firm's experience it appeared that the DOL figures were exaggerated. One of these reasons was that the DOL's Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs) were to be processing cases in a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order. Thus, they already have processed many of the older cases with earlier priority dates. These older cases have already made their way into the USCIS system, if the employers are intending to move forward with their respective cases.

Additionally, many of the BPC cases are not moving forward to the USCIS, even after approval from DOL. Although the BPC sent out 45-day continuation letters to determine ongoing employer interest, many employers are no longer interested, given the lengthy delays in the DOL processing of cases. Many of the employees have moved on to other job opportunities. Thus, it is not appropriate to look at the number of cases in the BPCs and assume that each translates to a demand for a visa number in the near future. The ratio is actually fairly small for the cases that are being approved at this time.

BPC is NOT creating the demand for visa number... but for EB3 India more and more application is becoming documentary qualified .. that they are unable to move the PD even to a small increment ..

Where are the demand coming from ...
1> Regular Permanent guys who had filed around the year 2000. What might be there population ..... I guess it might be quite huge as many guys in other trades like cooks, electricians etc etc did go the traditional way.
2> BPC .... Sheila murthy claims there are no takers now .. as most have moved on with there lives else where. If thats the case ... little relief.
3> 245i .. lot of RFE's for them to become documentary qualified for GC
4> SubLabor --- just as the subprime market is about to bring the housing market down ... will subLabor do the same to the entire GC process ?

> 245i .. lot of RFE's for them to become documentary qualified for GC
does that mean 245i's will not consume many visas ?
it has become a pain for EB3 india ..I wonder how many people are in the queue for the year 2002 and 2003 ? before retro started the cut off dates were in end 2004. wont that mean that many people who applied in 2002 and early 2003 would have already recd their green cards and hence demand may not be that high ?? I know atleast 10 people from atlanta who applied in 2002 - 2003 and have their green cards

Guys I also received a notice for biometrics.
Mind you this is my second one. (So the theory that you get Bio letters when BCIS is expecting your dates to get current does not quite make sense).
Now the reasn I belive I got a notice for Biometrics is because its been exactly around 2 yrs since i got my first one. Since Biometrics expire, BCIS is probably just sending a renewal Bio notice.

Ironically my Biometrics date is this friday May 11th and I am in London till the 14th. My roomate saw the Letter from Homeland Security and called me. I asked her to open it and she read it out to me. So she is going to request a reschedule and mail it back to BCIS