Visa denied under 221G followed by Refusal Under214 B

b1b2_needed_pls

Hello all,

My brother (a divorcee) who held US visa for 10 years (2013-2023) re-applied for visa under same category (B1/B2), however his visa application was denied under 221G followed by Refusal Under 214B. He always followed all immigration laws and never extended his stay. Last year in 2022 he came during my surgery for two months and stayed for almost 4 months as I got into back to back medical issues.

Fast forward to this year, in May I was diagnosed with Cancer in my lung and undergoing chemotherapy right now. In May we applied for his visa long with my father and mother whose visa also expired at the same time. For all three it was dropbox. For my parents it got picked up and approved while it got denied for my brother (in May 2023). He was called for an interview (New Delhi consulate) and the VO asked him questions like how my brothers work was managed his work (real estate consultancy) while in USA. to which he mentioned he mostly works with his partners and employees and lot of things were done using Internet/Phone. However VO rejected his application with 214B (no strong ties to home country)

Now that my parents are here, and my brother could not come, I really felt need of my brother's presence to help me emotionally during my chemotherapy process. I spoke to my local congressman and he asked his office to help me on humanitarian basis. Also I got a letter from my hospital stating my medical condition and requesting presence of my brother.

Given that I have refilled the DS-160 application for him, however I have some questions and wanted to see what should be best answers for those:

1. Is your father in the U.S.? Is your mother in the U.S.?
for this question, even though my parents are visiting US, they are not residents of US. So what should be the answer for this question ?

2. How the Marriage Ended:
for this question, we filled the answer: THROUGH MUTUAL CONSENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH INDIAN JUDICIAL LAWS IN INDIAN JUDICIAL COURT
However I am not sure what could be a better answer here in terms of rewording etc. Divorce was smoothly done without any issues a few years ago (while my brother's visa was in effect)

3. Primary Occupation: BUSINESS DUTIES:
for this question, we filled the answer: WORKS AS PROPRIETOR. MANAGING SALES/PURCHASES ON CALLS AND CONSULTANCY
Is this language correct or should I reword it etc so the VO gets the intent much better

4. Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to US or withdrawn your application for admission
for this question, we filled the answer: DURING THE PROCESSING OF VISA APPLICATION IN MAY 2023, VISA WAS DENIED UNDER 221G FOLLOWED BY INTERVIEW WHERE IT WAS REF USED UNDER 214B.
Can I get some suggestions, how best to answer this question as well.

5. Have you made specific travel plans? NO
Intended Date of Arrival: 16 SEPTEMBER 2023
Intended Length of Stay in U.S.: 2 MONTH(S)

or this question, the answers are still unclear, should I remove those, change those etc ?

Thank you all for reading. Hopefully I can get some suggestions which can help my brother's chances to renew his Visa and come to US to support me during my chemotherapy.