• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Denial

PLease can anyone share his/her experience of vias denial and can one appeal if he/she has a good case.

Did u get denied? Well, u have to share with us what happened and we can try to help ya. its very unlikely that one can appeal a denial overseas.

Our DV was denial by a simple word additional evidence of relationship. We were not asked anything but just no additioanl evidence of relationship what i we supposed to do our case no is 2008AF0000007-

Our DV was denial by a simple word additional evidence of relationship. We were not asked anything but just no additioanl evidence of relationship what i we supposed to do our case no is 2008AF0000007-

I have no clue as to what u mean. could u explain more? Evidence of relationship to who????

Gosh

HI

I am very sorry for your visa denial.
Did you include somebody's name as your spouse but you were not actually married?
I think that could be the only reason of your visa denial.
Please elaborate your interview experience and give us the details may be somebody will be give you a good advice regarding your case.

did you marry after you got a notification letter?

yes, such denials are common in Eastern Europe.

LucyMO,

My friend just got her notification letter last week and she is grtting married next week, do you think this will have a negative effect on her like denial of visa? she is in nigeria.

Thanks

it was a cousin that got the denial. he issue was that she put in her place of birth the name of the city as at when he was born and now the city is now a state capital. So he decided to put his own local town when submitting the form 122. Which i dont think it should be an issue. But still got denail. very very unfair.

LucyMO,

My friend just got her notification letter last week and she is grtting married next week, do you think this will have a negative effect on her like denial of visa? she is in nigeria.

Thanks

I would say it depends on how much proof your friend has that she was already engaged and intending to get married before she got the letter. So maybe she has wedding invitations that were sent out weeks or months ago, invoices for catering, a band or the rings, etc. In particular those things that you usually have taken care of way before your wedding day. Since the wedding is only a week away I guess she has been engaged for a while, so there should be enough proof. Oh and not unimportant: I hope she hasn't included her soon-to-be husband as an actual spouse on the initial application. It seems there's quite a number of people who have done that for DV-2009, but it definitely won't do your case good.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was a cousin that got the denial. he issue was that she put in her place of birth the name of the city as at when he was born and now the city is now a state capital. So he decided to put his own local town when submitting the form 122. Which i dont think it should be an issue. But still got denail. very very unfair.

Still, as unfair as it seems, people should only put true information on their application! You cannot go ahead and bend information just to fit the application and you can always ask authorities for advice beforehand. In the interview there is plenty of time to provide background information to why certain things on your application may seem contradictory. I would definitely adhere to data as printed in your passport or on your birth certificate. The US embassy or consulate in your country is well aware of the fact that sometimes cities and entire countries disappear from the map or are renamed. It's part of their job to keep up with developments like these.

Issues like this have been discussed in the Nigerian forum. So painful!

E59TH,

Thanks for your respond. She did not fill him as her husband when she applied, I actually did it here (America) for her. She is pregnant and she plans to get married in June (traditionally) but I told her to go do the court marriage as soon as possible which they are doing next week so that she can add him to her forms and send back to KCC.

E59TH,

Thanks for your respond. She did not fill him as her husband when she applied, I actually did it here (America) for her. She is pregnant and she plans to get married in June (traditionally) but I told her to go do the court marriage as soon as possible which they are doing next week so that she can add him to her forms and send back to KCC.

Yup,US government do not recognize traditional marriages so her best bet is to get married in a court.

E59TH,

When is the baby due? If it's after CP, your friend needs to go to the US as quickly as she can after a succesful interview. Babies born before the date of CP can be included in the application as family members (see my post before), but those born after will not be granted visa automatically. As far as I know, children born to green card holders in their mother country are not considered immigrants, so tell your friend to take this into account. Of course it is possible to start a green card procedure for unmarried children under the age of 21, but this will take years at best, which may cause the parents to lose their green cards if they're unable to move to the US as a complete family. If the due date is close to that of CP, I would advise your friend to ask the consulate to push back the interview date for medical reasons. It's quite a risk you're taking if you're 7 months pregnant and are granted a green card, and thus only have a month or two to travel to the US to immigrate and to give birth. Babies are born too early sometimes, and most airline regulations forbid carrying women who ar past the 28th week of their pregnancy for safety-related reasons.
Maybe LucyMO can confirm this, I remember reading about such situations last year.

When is the baby due? If it's after CP, your friend needs to go to the US as quickly as she can after a succesful interview. Babies born before the date of CP can be included in the application as family members (see my post before), but those born after will not be granted visa automatically. As far as I know, children born to green card holders in their mother country are not considered immigrants, so tell your friend to take this into account. Of course it is possible to start a green card procedure for unmarried children under the age of 21, but this will take years at best, which may cause the parents to lose their green cards if they're unable to move to the US as a complete family. If the due date is close to that of CP, I would advise your friend to ask the consulate to push back the interview date for medical reasons. It's quite a risk you're taking if you're 7 months pregnant and are granted a green card, and thus only have a month or two to travel to the US to immigrate and to give birth. Babies are born too early sometimes, and most airline regulations forbid carrying women who ar past the 28th week of their pregnancy for safety-related reasons.
Maybe LucyMO can confirm this, I remember reading about such situations last year.

This is incorrect. Children born subsequent to their parents' obtaining an immigrant visa get permanent residence on arrival and do not need visas. The category would be XN3 and the section of law is INA 211(a)(1). The embassy will be able to fill you in on this. Might be nice to have it all written down because XN3 is rarely used and the people at the airport may be unfamiliar with it.

Of course, a much preferable way to do this is to come to the US before birth and have the child here, as he/she would then be a native born USC. Of course that is a question of whether the mother is well enough to travel at the time the visas are granted.

Thank you for clearing that up, orangeandwhite. Nevertheless, as you said, it's preferable to have the child be born as USC. The fact that the baby will gain permanent residency upon immigration will not change anything about the six month activation limit for the green card, and emigrating with a newborn can be quite a hassle. Plus, if your country allows dual citizenship, the child will probably get two passports. This will open up a whole range of opportunities for the child which it will definitely benefit from at a later age.

Does your cousin have a high or a low CN, by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the baby is due in september not sure but I know it is sometime this year. Since the child is going to be born in Nigeria, is it required for the baby to have his/her own passport?