Visa Bulletin - January Cut-off dates

Serenity_now!!!

Registered Users (C)
In recent months we have been experiencing very heavy applicant demand in the Employment categories as the Citizenship and Immigration Service has begun to address their backlog of cases. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that not more than twenty-seven percent of the Employment annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters of a fiscal year. Based on the current rate of demand it is likely that we will exceed twenty-seven percent of annual limit during the first quarter of FY-2005. Therefore, it may be necessary to impose an Employment Third preference cut-off date for January, to limit number use during the second quarter. At this time it is not possible to offer any estimate regarding what that cut-off date might be, but it is likely to apply only to the following chargeability areas: China-mainland born, India, and the Philippines.

what exactly this means? are they saying that they will have to stop working on cases filed on Aug,sep,oct,nov,dec 2003 ?

Can we discuss this?

For pending cases: They will stop approving I-485 if priority dates retrogress.

Also, individual having approved LC (and most probably in EB3 category) have to wait for visa number before they can file I-485.

usnycus said:
For pending cases: They will stop approving I-485 if priority dates retrogress.

Also, individual having approved LC (and most probably in EB3 category) have to wait for visa number before they can file I-485.

Is is applicable to EB2 also??

how do we find out what priority dtaes are current for EB2 and how can i track when they retrogress?

dont worry.

Hey Guys,
I just spoke to my attorney, she said, it wont impact you, you can see my signature, also mine is EB3. She said, if they are going to say sometime in 2002 or 2003, its only for the new applications to 140 not for the pending 485s which are already filed. So please dont spread the not sure information.

Hope you all understand.
RS

rsannu2k said:
its only for the new applications to 140 not for the pending 485s which are already filed. So please dont spread the not sure information.

Tell that to your attorney. Any I-485 with a priority date this is not current cannot by law be ajudicated.

rsannu2k said:
Hey Guys,
I just spoke to my attorney, she said, it wont impact you, you can see my signature, also mine is EB3. She said, if they are going to say sometime in 2002 or 2003, its only for the new applications to 140 not for the pending 485s which are already filed. So please dont spread the not sure information.

Hope you all understand.
RS

Ha ha ha....What kind of attorney is that? :p

Betcha, some guys in this forum are more knowledgable than some of the attorneys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi rsannu2k,

My RD Date is same as your RD : 10/16/03.

I have not received FP notice as yet. When did u receive urs ?
What City and State u r from?

Thanks

skb123, I got my FP1 notice last month 10/05. and scheduled for this 22 monday.

Depesh and other seniors, glad to know that in this forum we have people who knows more than attorneys. But very sad that instead of getting our work (GC) done, we are still hanging in this forum and gaining exp. morethan attorney's, I started reading about this regression since last week, I really got scared and called my attorney yesterday, when all the seniors are SAYING only about PROBLEMS. If they really know the laws and otherthings very well, I sincerely request please tell us some solutions or COULD BEs.
Not like yesterday one guy was, if the regression dates for EB3 comes out soon then "people can resign their current jobs and look for other". I dont know what this means. This is only to scare the hell out of like me (Bachchas). I think there might be guys who are join replying for fun, just to tell others they are EB2 or not in this SH*T. I am also like other ppl who seek help when some problem stands in the way. Like may others. If you know so called seniors in knowledge please help.

I dont want to argue as I am agreeing that I am very junior in this forum.

Thanks, I hope you all understand.
RS

rsannu2k said:
skb123, I got my FP1 notice last month 10/05. and scheduled for this 22 monday.

Depesh and other seniors, glad to know that in this forum we have people who knows more than attorneys. But very sad that instead of getting our work (GC) done, we are still hanging in this forum and gaining exp. morethan attorney's, I started reading about this regression since last week, I really got scared and called my attorney yesterday, when all the seniors are SAYING only about PROBLEMS. If they really know the laws and otherthings very well, I sincerely request please tell us some solutions or COULD BEs.
Not like yesterday one guy was, if the regression dates for EB3 comes out soon then "people can resign their current jobs and look for other". I dont know what this means. This is only to scare the hell out of like me (Bachchas). I think there might be guys who are join replying for fun, just to tell others they are EB2 or not in this SH*T. I am also like other ppl who seek help when some problem stands in the way. Like may others. If you know so called seniors in knowledge please help.

I dont want to argue as I am agreeing that I am very junior in this forum.

Thanks, I hope you all understand.
RS

rsannu2k,
The posts os some the people about the priority dates are correct. It has to be current at the time of adjudication. As regards, some people trying to gain more experience in this forum-- I believe it is your frustration speaking. People will eventually leave, but they have gotten used to hanging around in the forum searching for information for their individual cases. Once the approvals come through, the crowds will definitely dwindle, so don't worry about that :) . Don't get scared of anything and continue with life/job as usual as none of us have any control over what USCIS does. The approval will come in due time even if the dates retrogress, might just take a little longer.
As regards your attorney, I would veryfiy the info he/she gives you because it looks like there is some gap in knowledge. You may not have a choice but seriously would you really want to hire such a person, if you had an opportunity all over!

My PR case is handled by one of the most notorious immigration law firm in US that is actively involved in lobbying the Congress on immigration issues. They told me that they estimate the retrogression could date back as early as 2002 and will apply only to individuals from those countries that oversubscribed – China, India and Philippines.
I would say that at this time this is almost a certainty.

GiveMeMyGCNow said:
Can someone explain in plain english as to what this means for a case like mine?

GiveMeMyGCNow,
Your priority date would be 06/2001 (when you filed LC). So if the dates retrogress to (hypothetical) 02/2001 they will not be able to process your case till the dates progress back to 06/2001 (even though you filed when the dates were current), but if they retrogress to 2002 then you are fine.

A little confusing, but not that complicated!

GiveMeMyGCNow said:
Thank you waiting. I think you can change your screen name now ... :)

I thought of that, but then we are all waiting for something or the other always! right :) . Some waits are timebound and others such as birth/death/USCIS are beyond the limts of time!