• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for January 2016

Africa:17,200. An increase of 1700...ahem! This is becoming very interesting to follow just as it is nerve-wrecking preparing for the interviews. As usual Britsimon, Mum, SusieQQ any analysis or words of comfort?

AFRICA: 17,200
Ethiopia: 16,100

ASIA: 4,500
Except: Nepal: 3,700

EUROPE: 19,100

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 5

OCEANIA: 750

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN: 750

AFRICA: 17,200
Ethiopia: 16,100

ASIA: 4,500
Except: Nepal: 3,700

EUROPE: 19,100

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 5

OCEANIA: 750

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN: 750

Do you think EU226xx will be current next month for March interview?

Is there any change i can get second NL with EU18xxx and documents sent on september?
And when should we expect 2NL?

I am AF29XXX But I have even stopped forecasting expected date of my interview because....this snail pace has become hilarious. No one can be able to tell precisely at this point. All I have done is prepare all the paper work and continue to learn more about requirements, interview experiences etc etc from the forum.

I fully agree with you. You're absolutely right. You and I will be interviewed during 2016 which I think is the important thing. We just have to have patience

I fully agree with you. You're absolutely right. You and I will be interviewed during 2016 which I think is the important thing. We just have to have patience
Sure. Patience is a much needed virtue here. I would like to know, however, just how intense the background checks are? Is it just the other criminal statutory bodies that conduct them or even KCC does? What exact checks does KCC conduct? Not that I have anything in my closet but a warm feeling of curiosity keeps coming over me. And do they conduct the same intense background checks on derivatives (child, spouse) as they do to the principal?

I am AF29XXX But I have even stopped forecasting expected date of my interview because....this snail pace has become hilarious. No one can be able to tell precisely at this point. All I have done is prepare all the paper work and continue to learn more about requirements, interview experiences etc etc from the forum.

Sensible approach.

And do they conduct the same intense background checks on derivatives (child, spouse) as they do to the principal?

Anyone who is eligible for an immigrant visa is given the same rigorous checks, so yes.
You may expect that for certain people/nationalities, these checks will become even more intense following the San Bernardino shootings.

Once we have the opportunity to look at CEAC data or after the publication of crac data from BritSimon can we have any accurate prediction of increased visa bulletin?

I see. So how much of these background checks are conducted prior to the interview and shortly before the interview after you have handed in documents at the embassy? Oh well, what am I stressing for? *Returns to his corner and waits for number to get current and 2NL*

Once we have the opportunity to look at CEAC data or after the publication of crac data from BritSimon can we have any accurate prediction of increased visa bulletin?
I think it is tight right now. But I am not the expert in this. SusieQQ, Mom and the others can help I suppose.