3rd 15MAR01 01JAN01 01JAN99 01FEB01 15MAR01
Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers C C C C C

For EB3
For india, date jumped from 01JAN98 to 01JAN99.
For all other 01MAR01 to 15MAR01.

D. EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILTIY

Many of the Employment preference cut-off dates have advanced for the month of December. This is being done based on the amount of demand currently being received from Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and consideration for CIS’s processing procedures and staffing patterns. Applicant demand for numbers may be expected to increase following rapid advances in the cut-off dates. This could cause cut-off date movement to be sporadic, and eventually slow or stop later in the fiscal year. At this time, it is not possible to predict the rate of movement in future months.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is generally good news but it also casts a black cloud - moving PD back for 6 years then jumps this forward for1 years in one month. This is called "unpredicable" and this is the real danger. It shows how poorly this goverment processing is planned and organized. And I will not be surprised this kind of practice will bite a lot of people like us in the future in an unpredicable way.

Anyway let's have our finger crossed and wish ourself good luck in this kind of gambling thing.

I've seen this somewhere before

Guys,

This is very similar to going for dinner to a busy and understaffed restaurant on a friday night. They are using the same tactics:

You arrive there to find a Huge population waiting for a table. You approach the host - they tell you its going to be an Hour and a half wait time (PD).

You look at the crowd waiting (Visa bulletin) and decide its probably true. You therefore leave hoping to find another place that doesnt have a wait.
This is what they want: they dont really want you to wait - they want to "clear the queue and go" because the staff cant handle the load anyway

People who stay and try and ride out the wait (retrogressed visa queue) generally notice that they get their table within 30 minutes. SO 1.5 hours was a "LIE" and grossly overestimated (hence 1 yr queue moves in 1 month).

While waiting you also notice that people who came after you get a table quicker (PERM) and this is due to several factors including number of people in a party (2 vs 4). Highly frustrating ! however on second inspection you will find that they havent progressed very far and just made it to the bar to have drinks while they are waiting (LC cleared but cant file 140 or 485).

Some people get adventurous and pay a person to wait for 1.5 hours who will call the original party when the table is ready. (Labor substition).

Finally i would like to conclude by saying that there is no method to the madness here. USCIS are well and truly a lost cause as an Organisation.
The best thing to do is not get depressed and look for other options - this is what the USCIS want with their PD retrogression message.

Hang in there, Stick it out - the people who dont will open the opportunity for people who do !

excellent analysis

It makes me laugh and also makes me think that how this restaurent analogy is so eerily similar to GC process. I agree with Harihoudini we just have to hangin there, keep sending faxes and emails to senators ultimately we will get served too like those busy restaurent in bay area..

Cheers

harihoudini said:
Guys,

This is very similar to going for dinner to a busy and understaffed restaurant on a friday night. They are using the same tactics:

You arrive there to find a Huge population waiting for a table. You approach the host - they tell you its going to be an Hour and a half wait time (PD).

You look at the crowd waiting (Visa bulletin) and decide its probably true. You therefore leave hoping to find another place that doesnt have a wait.
This is what they want: they dont really want you to wait - they want to "clear the queue and go" because the staff cant handle the load anyway

People who stay and try and ride out the wait (retrogressed visa queue) generally notice that they get their table within 30 minutes. SO 1.5 hours was a "LIE" and grossly overestimated (hence 1 yr queue moves in 1 month).

While waiting you also notice that people who came after you get a table quicker (PERM) and this is due to several factors including number of people in a party (2 vs 4). Highly frustrating ! however on second inspection you will find that they havent progressed very far and just made it to the bar to have drinks while they are waiting (LC cleared but cant file 140 or 485).

Some people get adventurous and pay a person to wait for 1.5 hours who will call the original party when the table is ready. (Labor substition).

Finally i would like to conclude by saying that there is no method to the madness here. USCIS are well and truly a lost cause as an Organisation.
The best thing to do is not get depressed and look for other options - this is what the USCIS want with their PD retrogression message.

Hang in there, Stick it out - the people who dont will open the opportunity for people who do !

I dont think the USCIS dont know the true numbers. They are predicting movement for couple more months. If you look at the number of cases piled up for 2000 and 2001 ( not to forget the 245(i) participants), USCIS is not wrong in the prediction. The only reason for the dates to move forard is because of the fewer number of applicants for 98. I think 99 will be quick too (couple of months) and then when 2000 cases starts piling, thats when its gonna slow down again. Is our sending letters even workking ? Seems like they scrapped the S1932 entirely :(

Restaurant analogy

The example of the restaurant analogy is true, but how come that in the rest of the world the bulletin only moved 15 days and for India 1 year and China 6 months?

charlottePerson....i dont think s.1932 has been scrapped totally.....but i agree that have not heard anything about it.....i know that the budget bill may be brought for voting next week....

and movement of PD, i think uscis...just wanted no new application till they get their act together.....and now they want to accept applications slowly....so that they can keep up with them.....this way....we can expect processing times to be few months...compared to few years in the past.......ITS A GOOD SIGN.....

but do not expect lot of movement in EB3 after 2001....things will get very slow around 2001 and 2002.(almost everyone i know filed in those dates..)

You Write/Compare Good.

My PD is 1/23/1998. Do you think I will have a Merry Christmas !? Pray for me. It has been a very llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong arduous journey. Thank you.

harihoudini said:
Guys,

!

charlotteperson said:
I dont think the USCIS dont know the true numbers. They are predicting movement for couple more months. If you look at the number of cases piled up for 2000 and 2001 ( not to forget the 245(i) participants), USCIS is not wrong in the prediction. The only reason for the dates to move forard is because of the fewer number of applicants for 98. I think 99 will be quick too (couple of months) and then when 2000 cases starts piling, thats when its gonna slow down again. (

I completely agree with this analysis. 99 will also move fast. From 2000 onwards, it will be a huge 'jam' unless there is some immigration relief.

I think that immigration relief is coming in December. We are making good contribution in contacting the lawmakers. But the huge and actual push is from big tech. companies. In fact, they are the ones responsible for putting those immigration clauses in S. 1932 in the first place.
From our part, we should not lose heart and try to push hard as much as possible.

You folks are always talking about EB-2 or EB-3. Any guess about EB-1 applicants. December visa bull. showed some good forward movement by 7 months (01 Aug 2002 - Feb 2003). Retro gurus!! please predict for EB-1 also, sometime.

Akbari said:
My PD is 1/23/1998. Do you think I will have a Merry Christmas !? Pray for me. It has been a very llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong arduous journey. Thank you.

mr. renad05....eb1 as lucky bastards....they do not need any predictions....unka philahaal bhala hi hoga....so dont worry abt it....according to me...eb1 PD should reach JUNE 2004 by June 2006, and by end of 2006, it should be atleast jan 2005.

by june 2007, eb1 pd will be DEC 2005. (infact this is a pessimistic estimate....i wont be surprised if things move three times faster..)...btw no offense...i am also EB1

Thanks tech 2468 for your analysis about eb1. We have no choice but wait even it takes ages!! "Go hathaon main jumbish nahin magar aankho main tau dam hai" If we cant use it at least will see the GC visa.

techy2468 said:
mr. renad05....eb1 as lucky bastards....they do not need any predictions....unka philahaal bhala hi hoga....so dont worry abt it....according to me...eb1 PD should reach JUNE 2004 by June 2006, and by end of 2006, it should be atleast jan 2005.

by june 2007, eb1 pd will be DEC 2005. (infact this is a pessimistic estimate....i wont be surprised if things move three times faster..)...btw no offense...i am also EB1

i guess those of us stuck in eb3 in "the rest of the world" category don't matter much or are not seen as deserving as the others do. only 15 days!! :mad:

dmbronner said:
The example of the restaurant analogy is true, but how come that in the rest of the world the bulletin only moved 15 days and for India 1 year and China 6 months?

don't worry

foret1 said:
i guess those of us stuck in eb3 in "the rest of the world" category don't matter much or are not seen as deserving as the others do. only 15 days!! :mad:

From 2000 onwards, it is going to be a huge 'jam' for everyone. For India, China too the changes will be just like that of 'the rest of the world' i.e. 15 days forward. Every one will be 'equal, no discrimination' for years.

So go to isnamerica site and start sending faxes to your lawmakers. Immigration relief is the only solution.

If possible ask your company to send faxes to their respectice State lawmakers. That would have the true impact.

Rest of the World doom!!!

Unfair AC-21 act allowed Indian and chiness people to suck all the recaputed VISA's. More than 45 to 50 thousand green issued to indians per year where only few thousand for rest of world even lot of countries did able to fill their yearly quatos. Now we have wait for long time. Is not that Unfair!!!!!!

:mad:

foret1 said:

gc_fever2005 said:
Unfair AC-21 act allowed Indian and chiness people to suck all the recaputed VISA's. More than 45 to 50 thousand green issued to indians per year where only few thousand for rest of world even lot of countries did able to fill their yearly quatos. Now we have wait for long time. Is not that Unfair!!!!!!

:mad:

AC21 allowed based on the priority dates and its not based on the country you from ... So there is no unfair any where... FIFO.. Thats the way it should be.

FIFO Never Existed in US Immigration

There were no real FIFO in US immigartion. FIFO bull shit Idea. Becaue when I filed my Labor in a Worst State. People from already have green card applied after me from the other state while they had current for Labor Certification Current. Where was FIFO that time? Changing to Labor certification system and FIFO was a bull idea.

Show office in a remote state while there were no office ( also done by some deshi company's) just process green card faster.

Using labor substitution by deshi company's.

I also read lot of people post in this forum referencing applying from company A while working in company B. All those type of cheating is done by deshi company's.

Can you show me any U.S. Company does that. I think they will not.

By doing all these there is 300000 application in BEC. I am not sure how many of them are real. Look I do not have any personal problem with indian or chiness or any other people.

I graduate from U.S. universities and I had diificulty to uderstand to how people find so many company's to file their labor in so many way's.

So there is NO BULL FIFO

The real reason for the 45 days letter was...

The real reason for the 45 days letter was to confirm if the company is still making a petition, the MESS with the 300,000 approx. cases in BEC is due to the F....g 245i law, I think that many of these 300,000 cases are fraud.

Why do you think that Rest of the world is in March 2001? Because the f...g 245i was until April 2001 and many "Companies" sponsored LC for their employees.

Finally, I know that is difficult to find a Real company to sponsor LC / GC, so how come now that there are 300,000 LC in backlog centers? Because most of these pretitions are F R A U D U L E N T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the reason of 45-Day Letter!!!!

Rest of the World doom!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*******gcfever2005*****Unfair AC-21 act allowed Indian and chiness people to suck all the recaputed VISA's. More than 45 to 50 thousand green issued to indians per year where only few thousand for rest of world even lot of countries did able to fill their yearly quatos. Now we have wait for long time. Is not that Unfair!!!!!!

listen to gcfever2005 rant his feelings.......that indian and chinese take all the visa....maybe he has no math capabilities....

i hope he understands that.....everyone is supposed to get their share.....ind/chin get whatever is left.....

btw.....country based restriction for a skill based visa...is stupidity...and unfair......so pls do not think.....that the rest of the world is your right.......think where u stand in terms of skills when u compare yourself to ind/chin or anyone...