• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for August 2011

jimmy79

Registered Users (C)
AFRICA CURRENT Except: Ethiopia 32,700

ASIA CURRENT

EUROPE CURRENT except Uzbekistan UNAVAILABLE

NORTH AMERICA
(BAHAMAS) CURRENT

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

good luck everyone!

So ASIA and AFRICA are now Current ! ! ! After the long wait, now everyone can be interviewed! :)

This forum really helped me get through this year of waiting and uncertainty. Honestly, month after month was quite tough waiting for me, as I felt my fate was hanging on whether my green card gets approved. Several weeks before my interview, I almost became ill of all the stress building up... But I made it through and things worked out. I believe God will make a way. And much thanks everyone for sharing all the valuable information. Now it's over, and I feel I can move on with my life with confidence.

Just checked out August Visa Bulletin, and I'm really relieved all regions are now Current, and everybody gets a chance ! ! Just hang in there and you'll be fine!

Good luck and I pray for you all. God bless.

CN: 2011AS00028XXX
NL: May 3 2010
Current: June 2011
2nd Letter: April 13, 2011
Medical: May 28, 2011 Tokyo
Interview date: June 6, 2011 Tokyo
Visa issued: June 7, 2011
Visa received: June 8, 2011
POE: June 12, 2011
GC rcvd: -
SSC rcvd: 7/2/2011

So ASIA and AFRICA are now Current ! ! ! After the long wait, now everyone can be interviewed! :)

This forum really helped me get through this year of waiting and uncertainty. Honestly, month after month was quite tough waiting for me, as I felt my fate was hanging on whether my green card gets approved. Several weeks before my interview, I almost became ill of all the stress building up... But I made it through and things worked out. I believe God will make a way. And much thanks everyone for sharing all the valuable information. Now it's over, and I feel I can move on with my life with confidence.

Just checked out August Visa Bulletin, and I'm really relieved all regions are now Current, and everybody gets a chance ! ! Just hang in there and you'll be fine!

Good luck and I pray for you all. God bless.

CN: 2011AS00028XXX
NL: May 3 2010
Current: June 2011
2nd Letter: April 13, 2011
Medical: May 28, 2011 Tokyo
Interview date: June 6, 2011 Tokyo
Visa issued: June 7, 2011
Visa received: June 8, 2011
POE: June 12, 2011
SSC rcvd: 7/2/2011

nice comment

what does current mean?

What does current mean? I have a friend whose id is above 80xxx. Does he stand a chance at all now that it is current?

Thanks dude. So, must he wait for the second letter to come from KCC? How can he go to interview?

Yes cause he is current and can apply for his/her visa in September.

August Visa Bulletin means, even the highest CN numbers will be interviewed in September (except for Ethiopia and Uzbekistan).

KCC will send a 2nd letter showing the interview date at the embassy you specified.

Or if you don't want to wait that long, you can call or email KCC to find out your interview date. I called KCC and they told me my interview date right after the visa bulletin was announced. You need your case number, name, birthdate to inquire KCC. I found them very responsive and helpful.

But remember you need to bring your original 2nd NL to the interview.

Good luck!

CN: 2011AS0002XXXX
NL: May 2010
Forms sent to KCC: Aug 2010
Processing completed confirmed: Feb. 2011 (called KCC)
Current: June 2011 (visa bulletin announced April 2011)
Interview confirmed: April 2011 (called KCC)
2nd NL: April 2011
Medical exam: May 2011
Interview: June 2011
POE: June 2011