Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mvinays
Just called Richmond at 804-236-2717 (Nine Miles Road office)
An asian lady answered my call.

Now processing:
RIR: September 4, 2002
Non-RIR: December 30, 2001

They are moving fast these days...probably because of the large number of layoffs that occured in 2001 and 2002.

Thanks for the update..

State Labour approved

Guys,
Wanted to share some good news from my side to you all.
I just called 2717 number to find the status of mine. He gave me good news saying that application has been moved to Philly DOL.
SESA RD: Aug 22nd 2002.
Moved to Philly: Apr 14th 2004.

Wow!! It's been 20 months waiting. Now wait starts at Philly.

Officer told me that it is going to 6-9 months at Philly.

Thanks for the updates/information you guys providing.

c u guys at Philly.

Thanks.

Alexandria VEC

Hello everyone,
could someone please tell me where I can get the phone number of the VEC at Alexandria?
All through the mails I have only seen dates and phone numbers of Richmond. Do these dates apply to the Alexandria office also?

Thanks in advance

Re: State Labour approved

Originally posted by VA_GC9
Guys,
Wanted to share some good news from my side to you all.
I just called 2717 number to find the status of mine. He gave me good news saying that application has been moved to Philly DOL.
SESA RD: Aug 22nd 2002.
Moved to Philly: Apr 14th 2004.

Wow!! It's been 20 months waiting. Now wait starts at Philly.

Officer told me that it is going to 6-9 months at Philly.

Thanks for the updates/information you guys providing.

c u guys at Philly.

Thanks.

Hi
I am new to the discussions. Could you please tell me what is a 2717 number?

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for the clarification.
could you please also tell me (if you are aware), whether all offices in VA will be processing these dates? or where I can get some information about this? My company says that my application is filed in Alexandria VA. I searched through all net in vain for details about this office...

Thanks

viduuu

according to me there are a bunch of officies in richmond, and they process applications from specific regions within VA.
For example.. the nine mile road offfice in richmond seems to be processing stuff for No.VA. Your application is probably with them.

I'm not aware of any labor processing center in alexandria. If u got a confirmation letter from the labor office about receiving ur app, that should give u info about the location it was sent to.

-R

My lawyer told me that he filed my LC at VEC office in NoVA. However, when I called the 2717 number (Nine Miles Rd, Richmond), I gave them my case number to check status and they told me that they had my case with them and confirmed the receipt date...So my guess is that cases from NoVA are tranffered to the Nile Miles office in Richmond.

Hi Ravi Shankar & mvinays,
Thanks to you both for the replies. Actually I don't have any case number or receipt kind of thing. I guess my company will have them. I think I should try to get it from them.
However, as you say it might be that everything goes to Richmond.
Thanks again for the info,

re-posting earlier information

Ok..here is my contribution to all this:

The 9 mile office ( with 12 staff members) usually processes NoVA cases. The South Office, with only 1 guy working on 5 different lines like RIR, etc, usually process Richmond cases. So if you filed from Richmond, you are in a slower que.

But this is not a hard and fast rule. They try to keep the dates synched up between the 2 offices. So for example they transferred cases from June and July 2002 from South to 9 mile offices recently.

So it looks like South Office is starting August 2002 soon. But the guy also said that he has some earlier cases from other lines ( like non-RIR maybe?)

I can take ownership for calling the South office on a weekly basis, but only if we no one else is calling that office regularly. I really dont want to bug him any more.

Thanks.

My case was filed in Richmond and according to the receipt, it was transferred to the Roanoke office.

However, in this January when I wrote an email to check my status, one gentleman (Robert C) replied and his email signature indicates that his office is in Richmond (3751 Nine Mile Rd Ste C, Richmond VA 23223-4813).

So, I got confused. One thing I am sure is that he is lagging behind the date posted by the Department of Labor.

It is a pain.

Originally posted by gcmail
re-posting earlier information

The 9 mile office ( with 12 staff members) usually processes NoVA cases. The South Office, with only 1 guy working on 5 different lines like RIR, etc, usually process Richmond cases. So if you filed from Richmond, you are in a slower que.

But this is not a hard and fast rule. They try to keep the dates synched up between the 2 offices. So for example they transferred cases from June and July 2002 from South to 9 mile offices recently.

So it looks like South Office is starting August 2002 soon. But the guy also said that he has some earlier cases from other lines ( like non-RIR maybe?)

I can take ownership for calling the South office on a weekly basis, but only if we no one else is calling that office regularly. I really dont want to bug him any more.

Thanks.

Here is some TGIF good news!! They seem to be processing faster these days.....

I just called Richmond at 804 236 2717 (Nine mile office).
Here are the current processing dates:
RIR: September 10, 2002
Non-RIR: December 2001 (She did not give a specific date).

I just called Richmond at 804-236-2717 (Nine miles office).
RIR: September 13, 2002
Non-RIR: December 19, 2001

Originally posted by mvinays
I just called Richmond at 804-236-2717 (Nine miles office).
RIR: September 13, 2002
Non-RIR: December 19, 2001

Dude, why are you calling them up every 2 days?

While I appreciate your sincere efforts in keeping us updated, I am concerned that it will take time away from application processing and in the end affect us all who are waiting.

I think it was general consensus among the group that we bother them only once a week and let them focus on our apps. Its good for everybody.

Frequent call to VA SESA

Dear mvinays

I really thank you for your all effort to calling VA SESA and updating this forum. But my friend it will be more appropriate if you call them only once in a week that is Friday. because everytime we call it delays and interupt the labor ceritfying assocites. In a matter of fact if we call them 2 or 3 time in a week it will cost us approxmately 2 month delay to approve our LC.

I do not want to hurt your feeling at all. I hope my suggestion wont encourage you to call without updating this forum. Keep patience the Elephant has passed only tail left to pass.

Thanks

orissa

My LC has been moved to Philly. Here are my dates:

SESA Receipt Date: July 31, 2002
Moved to Philly: March 30, 2004

The letter informing about the move came from the Alexandria office.

Thank you all for keeping everyone informed.

Originally posted by sick_of_waiting
My LC has been moved to Philly. Here are my dates:

SESA Receipt Date: July 31, 2002
Moved to Philly: March 30, 2004

The letter informing about the move came from the Alexandria office.

Thank you all for keeping everyone informed.

Congrats and Good luck for Philly.

It took exactly 18 months, not bad I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.