Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Title

I am frustrated with these guys. I will definitely give him a call sometime this week and let you know. I just did not want to disturb them too much as it only delays us, but they should give consistent message.

Can anyone help regarding this..

This question is regarding Visitor\'s visa.After they get stamping for visitor visa,in the passport they give a period of 6 months from the day of stamping.My question is that the six month period starts after they land in US or from the day they get stamped.
For ex,if they get stamping on April1,2002 and they mention till Oct1,2002(6 months from april), and if she lands here on August can she stay till 6 months from Aug.
Please let me know how it works.

VISA period.

When she lands in US, INS officer will stamp....Generally they take 6 months from the date she will land in US.

When are they going to finish April RIR?

Hi Prasad, and LC_Sucks thanks for the encouraging news. But from the other postings it seems that its going to be while before we move out of April. GC_IS_A_DREAM, Rfellow..and all others,you are doing a great job. Keep this thread alive.

Tried to call Alexandria offce, 804-236-2717/2719 are busy for a long time. I think we should reduce the calls and let them work....

RD August 15,2001.

LCShucks is right

My aunt got visitor visa stamp on 21st Jan, landed Feb 21st then stayed here for six months, that is until 21st Aug.....

Still Processing April 27

Called Alexandria Office today.(808-236-2717). They are still processing April 27 cases.
Some bad news...
According to the lady at SWA, They are going to take atleast couple of weeks to finish 27,and then around 4 months for April 30th cases. After they finish RIR they are going to do April Regular cases, ..if not years it will take atleast one year to finish April cases and start May processing.
GC is a Dream...

GC is a Dream

Hi ,
My priority date is June 4 2001.I just called Alexandria office and talk to the lady .she said they are still processing Aprill 27 and also said they have stopped non RIR casses in march after the Aprill 30 deadline they planned to start processing non RIR. But she has no idea if they will stop processing May RIR casses.

Can I use approved labor certificate of an employee if he/she got laid off.

I filed my labor in May 2001, I was wondering if I can use approved labor certificate of an employee who got laid off........my company had 2 rounds of lay off last year.So is it possible to use approved labor certificate eventhough I filed in May 2001 for my labor and it is pending with the VA labor department.

Please Help.
thanks

Yes you can.

Few of my friends who did this way in Oct 2001, they already got their
EAD and way ahead. Best of Luck.

Other SESA moving on to May RIR even though April Non-RIR not finished

Other SeSA\'s like California, Philadelphia to name a few have moved on to processing the RIR after April eventhough the Non-RIR for April is not finished. VA SESA should do the same. After all SESA\'s should maintain some consistencay in processing methods????

Just hoping and crossing fingers.

I think they are still waiting to make a decision on this (to move on or just wait to finish the Non-RIR)

Virginia...

Hello All and Vasu12345,
Sorry I could not reply to your earlier question(a week ago) as I could not access this forum. Just running my thoughts aloud...

1. I know of a guy with PDate in FEB 2001 who got to his fingerprinting a couple of weeks ago. Till date, he is the fastest to get a GC in my group(11 months) others have been 15 months.
2. Given the current INS *MAJOR* visa process BLUNDER/Failure incident, which all of you must have heard in the news, I think that INS processing and offices are going to come under some scrutiny for the way they operate/process visas and do the GC process. If anything this might a)Slow down further for GC applications or B) might highlight the need to computrerise, make more accountable for delays, or even EXPEDITE and process genuine and good GC applications of all talented and (READ EDUCATED) skilled professionals who are waiting on their applications to move forward forever.

if A) happens...then there will be more delays.
if B) happens we might see some more FUNDS/MANPOWER/RESOURCES/faster workflow processses within INS, to deal with backlog (within INS) to process VALID GC applications. The industry position on retention of skilled professionals and U.S Govt security policy will determine if this happens. we have to see. My best bet is that if Premium processing gets extended to Labor as well, because if they need money, then one logical reason to generate it would be from the people who need that service, directly will pay for it. There would be skilled professionals in the industry who do not mind paying a reasonable amount of INS premium processing fees. Let\'s hope.

Currently, In my opinion, I do NOT have a clear TIME EsTIMATE of WHEN my labor/i140/485 will be done...all I have in my mind is guesses, which makes it very hard to plan my A) life, b) career, c)hundreds of other things.

Again, I would like to thank all people who have been diligently following up with the virginia office, I will post anything valuable that my lawyers might tell me. Meanwhile, let\'s be optimistic and keep everyone informed. Your thoughts friends....

Regards,
EtchOneBee.

No Title

Hey EtchOneBee!

You literally, read my mind!!

As you\'ve said, the latest fiasco could be a boon/curse!!!
Let\'s hope that it\'s a boon and more funds/resources will be poured into the Labor/INS Depts!!

chow!

Still Processing April 27

Spoke to Virginia SWA officer today, According to him they have around 10,000 RIR cases between 27 and 30th april, so... its going to be a looooong time.

I really don\'t know how they come up with these numbers. Initially they told they have around 120000 total applications in April, RIR & Regular. Now they are telling they have around 10,000 RIR between 27 and 30th april.

One of the previous postings on this forum, said they will be done with 27th in less than a week...our 10day logic is no more working...

Please,Can somebody else talk to SWA officers and update..

No Title

How much is the difference according to our understanding of previous numbers and the new information? We were not expecting anyway 30th to take much more than 10 days. I would think roughly they are able to cleear 1000 a month. When do you think 27th will get over? I will also try to call and get this info but if you have from your source let us know.

Thanks for the update ! !

Thanx a lot.Lets hope 30th gets over by April 15th.I am not really sure how this other Officer came up with this 10000 no.

Status
Not open for further replies.