Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
letter of deficiency to my attorney on 1st NOV

I just now recieved an email from My friend whose labour was filed on 16th of april. I am pasting his mail as it is.....

Bad News ....They are processing 16 th april apllications, the state dept has sent a letter of deficiency to my attorney on 1st nov. I spoke to our HR dept and she said they have recvd a letter from state dept saying that they havent recvd the washington post ad along with the application. I\'m really pissed off by this and wanted to shout on our HR people for not sending the ad page, but cant do it. Eventually it is me who is at loss.

Labor certification in Northern VA

Hi All,

I work in McLean, VA (Northern VA, near DC). I would like to know if all the labor certifications are done in Richmond or does it depend on the place of work too ?

Also, I hear depressing news from people saying Labor is going to years in VA from now on. Can anyone let me know if this is true ?

Thanks in advance.

please post the details

Hi,
If anybody contacts the DOL please let everybody know about the status of processing. Do we have any approvals for month of April ???
Ajay

Approved

VA SESA Recieved Date 4/6/2001
Amendment: 9/17/2001 Post the notice with latest wage data
Amendment Replied: 10/22/2001
Sent to Philadelphia: 10/26/2001
Approved Philadelphia: 11/15/2001
EB2/RIR

No Title

Hello folks:
It is terrible to see this agonizing wait for a Permanent Residency to this great country... Many of us have to face this agonizingly slow task and as soon as we are through we forget about it! It is high time we, the taxpayers did something about it!
I propose the following:
Everyone (including anyone that you know) should ask their lawyers to petition AILA to lobby in the US Congress and House (in fact, our employers can write a petition too), to streamline the Labor Certification approval process so that Labor must be certified in a reasonable amount of time (like 1-2 months instead of 1-2 years!).
Please post your thoughts on this...
Thanks,
-KRSN

Any Update on what date they are currently processing

As of Nov 19 they were processing for cases received on April 18. Anyone having latest information,please post an update.

Still Processing April 18

They are still processing April 18. According to VA SESA officer, they have received around 8000 applications on April 30th. The expected time to complete all april applications about 1 year,i.e. end of 2002.

Please post any latest approvals???

Wishful thinking

I know it sounds scary, called the richmond office yesterday (804 236 2717) and spoke to Mr. Bob Chapman, Why don\'t you try, you might get a better answer.

VA SESA has been telling this all along. Good news is, they have come to 1 year from 2-3 years.
The messages on this thread gives some comfort, and makes us a bit optimistic. Keep this thread alive. Please post any new approvals.

My lawyer Response

I spoke to my lawyer today…and it was very disappointing. . His response is here

VEC RECEIVED UNPRECEDENTED LARGE VOLUME OF FILINGS IN APRIL, IT IS HARD TO ESTIMATE WHEN WILL THEY BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESSING OF APRIL FILINGS. NOT MUCH WE CAN DO AT THIS MOMENT, PLEASE CHECK WITH OUR OFFICE BY LATE APRIL NEXT YEAR.

Virginia Labor

RIR-EB2 application was filed in april 2001, the lawyer got a letter from labor stating insufficient Advertisement, what that means - CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!

Please post the details clearly. 20Apr:RIR:VA-SESA

I suggest that anybody posting in the forum use their priority date:category:state-[where the appl is] ( if you know it). Looks like there are really many applications filled in RIR for April, but most of the people visiting this forum do a "desi" style monitoring! Looking @ whats going on, if theirs are cleared and off they go to the next group! And they post something only when they are hit. Its really painful to see people wait for such a long time and the SESA/DOL returns with a something like insufficient ads etc.,
  Please all VA-SESA waiters post your progress, whatever it is clearly as this forum is to help each other. So other can also be ready to face these if something like this happens.
  If people post only when they are in trouble, a new comer reading this forum will understand as VA is only returning RFE\'s :-( and there is no progress!
  Any info that keeps the group alive is appreciated!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.