Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feedback from DOL

What can be a current estimate for processing time? Earlier, I think the start of April was never expected by this date. I mean it was expected to be much later than the current date. I could be too much of an optimist, but I have a feeling that the feedback that we are getting from the DOL is not entirely accurate. It may be that they are being conservative. Even for the number of cases in April, the numbers quoted are in a wide range from 10 to 20 thousands. Of this the mix of cases is even more of a black box. Any Comments from the forum on this?

I agree with you Rfellow

The feedbacks we have been receiving from the DOL office, is really not that accurate. Initially they were talking about 12K applications in Mar-Apr and now only in April there are 18K..:)
  They even told that they usually do only 5k an year, but how did they do 2K in March, did they hire enough to speed up the capacity by
300+% an year to hit 24K an year ??
 I think it is going to take a couple of months, or maybe 3-4 months extra but it shouldn\'t be taking for ever.
This 245i is not a new virus, this was around in 98 also, during which there was big backlogs, once the backlogs were eased, they again opened the window for the next big flow!

Conversation with VA officer

folks, after sending out my email requesting them to devide the applications or start premium process, I called the officer in VA richmond. He said the reason they can\'t speed up is that there are not enough staff/hands doing LC. the money comes from a goverment fund. He told me to expect little more than one year for my LC if I filled after April. I hope they can allow us to pay something for them to speed up.

Let all of us work together

Basu,

I really appreciate your e-mail. I think if all of us can write to the government rather than just hopeless waiting, it may change something. I am drafting my letter too. Is this e-mail address that you send e-mail to? "centraldir@doli.state.va.us"
Let us write to one place in one voice.

Thanks
nyang

message from dol

Thank you for contacting the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry
Central Regional Office. Your message has been received and will be
processed in order it was received. You should hear from us within 2
business days. Should you have an immediate need, please contact us by phone
at (804) 371-0443.

I agree with Rfellow& VA_Waitor2001

Guys, you are right. Are we getting a clear picture about the exact processing time from the people at VA SESA? I heard from a friend that, Richmond is processing 15th April RIR. His lawyer gave this info. Only way to know the right Processing time is through this discussion forum. Keep this thread alive. Any approvals for April RIR?. Please Update. My PD is last week of July. I will be around on this forum for some time.

RIR and Illegal applicaitons

Any views on how probable it is for an illegal immigrant labor application to be under RIR? I thought by law they only need to just file a labor application before April 30 th. How can they time it to be by APril 30 all the documentation etc that is required.?

I think you are right

I Think you are right all they needed to do was to show their their presence on dec 2-- someting and a have filing by april either under family or employment - for family they could get married or some thing or existing relationship for employment all they need to do is file for labour thro a employer in one skill . I am sure they would not have gone thro the RIR route as it take time and attorney\' resources and any way the 245 applicants are in no hurry to have the labour approved as all they need to do is just file - they can change jobs and do all that which we cannot do
i think their deal is file and forget as they enjoy all the benefits as it is. any thoughts

Their only apprehension i would think is if the labour is rejected hence they would like it to take as long as possible and stay here- what do you think

VA_Waiter2001 and SGupta...did your cases make any significant progress?

Hello guys, my priority date is also mid-april as I believe is yours too. What is the latest on your application. I appreciate your response. I have given up on calling the SESA as they give me the most discouraging news each time.

Thanks and god speed,
--BH

No news is not always good news.

Last when I spoke to SESA two weeks back, they were doing April 3. Havent called them since and havent heard from my lawyers yet too.

Its the final stretch so look up buddy.

SGupta

Spoke to SESA today (804)236-2708.

They\'re working on Apr2 and have been working on that one day\'s applications for the last 2 weeks (so that\'s consistent with your finding, SGupta). She says that every day in April is kind of loaded and might take about 2-3 weeks per day. This really hurts, I think. Anyway, she said if everything is right with the appln with no deficiencies, the processing could take just a few minutes and will be forwarded to DOL on the same day.

Like they say, so close yet so far. This is definitely a excercise of patience. Well atleast, there are some deterministic answers rather than someone saying it might take 6 months and then someone else saying it might take a couple of years.

Yes, its the final stretch, will be glad to get out of Virginia SESA.

1. Once the appln gets forwarded to DOL, does the backlog/frontlog from SESA follow us?
2. How much time does the DOL processing take (approx in months)? (RIR/eb2)

Regards,
--BH

after SESA :) which sounds good !

These large pool of applications, if it is NRIR, mostly will not follow the RIR category, because the NRIR applicants job will be posted in the govt employement agency and will wait for results before moved to DOL. But if it all RIR applications then the ship will move slowly :)
Philly DOL so far has been taking not more than 30 business days in most cases, but we will know philli\'s future too :)

No Title

So, basically the processing times ultimately can only be at best broad guesses. What I have been optimistic about is that RIR applications may not be so many. This has not been backed up by any factual information. I just cannot understand how and why should an illegal applicant file a RIR application? And if it is not for illegal applicant how can suddenly so many employers file RIR for normal employment based visa category people. We will know this in couple of weeks depending on progress of cases. If it slides quickly to April 10 say for example then there may not be as many RIR applications. If it takes 2-3 weeks for every day then it must be a higher proportion of the 18 or 20 K applications.

No Title

I don\'t think there is a clear separation in SESA for RIR and non-RIR cases. They are all treated similarly. Hence the huge delays. The 245(i) was catered to the illegals who I doubt have any sound backing such as RIR. Unfortunately, SESA is not looking at demarcating and accelarating RIR applicants.

Please do write to that email address which has been floating around. They \'might\' react and rectify the situation.

Speed,
--BH

Update from VA SESA as on 9/4/01 from

I spoke to Mr. Richard Hudson ( @703-813-1333) and he said there were 17000 applications in April and that as on date they still processing the first week of April. So that really does not help in anyway to any of us. But in month of May there were 600 applications and in June there were 400 only according to him. However there is no estimated timeframe for when April might be over. Plus according to him this processing issue is only with the VA,NJ, NY, CA , IL, Texas and FL offices because of obvious reasons.

Can anyone please clarify what they have been talking about when they apps have been forwarded to Phila office ? Is that something possible ? Also who is initiating it ? Client or DOL ?

Thx guys and keep this thread alive

G

No Title

Someone in this thread had said CA , VA and a few more states were the ones which had max no of 245 cases - here is a posting from a CA LC- Guess if CA can reach apr/25 should hope VA does it too - any comments

PL POST YOUR VA APPROVALS
Any new updates?
Posted By: GudGudGota 9/7/01 3:21 PM
(#61 of 63)
My case no: 88xxx PD 4/25 was transferred to DOL on 8/29.
Anyone having ideas about how long it takes at DOL these days? Probably more than 5 weeks I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.