Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way to check

Try call phil DOL at 1-215-861-5286. this is the automated voice message system. follow the options and go to Permanent labor cert and choose the telephone no option. Enter the telephone no of your company (this should be the same as the one in the app) and if you get back response stating cases against this no then you know state has transferred to DOL.

As to phil DOL I think it takes about 1-1.5 months to process.

PD Status

Us Status PD Sent to DOL
-------------- -------- ----------- ------------
lakshmikanthan --------------- May 7th 2001.---------
dependent ---------------- May 16th2001.--------
hsteven29 Aprv May 18th 2001.-------June 26th,'02
Lawyer ---------------- May 21st 2001.-------
msreekant ---------------- May 29th 2001.-------
hmmmenf ---------------- May 30th 2001.-------
Lc_va --------------- June 21st 2001.-------
kalse_2000 ---------------- July 1,2001.------------

I think that it processed May 18th or May 6th- May 18th together. I am not sure but I am sure that they do process bunches based on some day range not single day. I did provide the details with my priority date. I don't know how you can find out if your lawyer doesn't get transfer notice from local labor agent. Let me know if u have any more Qs. I will reply as more as I can. Good luck for everyone.

My priority date

My priority date is July 9, 2001.

Expecting things move faster for us. Please everybody post their priority and approval dates once anyone gets approved so that we can guess what dates they are processing.

Is anybody from Worldcom on this forum. Wanted to know if any WCOM cases got approved recently.

Va Labor moving ahead

This is indeed the best news I have heard in a long time on this forum. So really all the noice that we were trying to make did have an impact on the policy. Which is great!!!!

I think it will be easier to estimate times now that we have less applications in the following months. Approx. 500 - 600 in May and June (each). and then about 150 - 200 in the following months.

Good Luck to all.

P.S: People with processing dates in May please keep us posted of your status.

VaLabor_02

2nd May 2001

Hi Steven,
I called to my Law office to find out whta day Local office is processing. They called to Local Office and Local office told that they are processing 2nd May 2001. They particularly mentioned 2nd May,2001. I think You are so lucky that you got approved even your PD is May 18th,2001. Do u know that Local office is same for Virginia or it has differnt offices. If this is so then it might possible that your appilication submited to office where they are processing 18th onward. Please write back if u know some about it.
Thanks

QUOTE]Originally posted by hsteven29
I think that it processed May 18th or May 6th- May 18th together. I am not sure but I am sure that they do process bunches based on some day range not single day. I did provide the details with my priority date. I don't know how you can find out if your lawyer doesn't get transfer notice from local labor agent. Let me know if u have any more Qs. I will reply as more as I can. Good luck for everyone. [/QUOTE]

My PD is May 21, 2001.

hsteven, any idea how your lawyer come to know that your application has gone to philly?

did they get a notice from VA or did they call and get the status?

Good luck for all !!!

Try to answer you guy's questions individually but didn't find the reply button under each question not like old page. Let me put all here:

1. To my understanding, there are more than one offices working with LC for sure, but don't know the details because I found bunches of offices when I was trying to send out our letter. Finally we decided to send to Headquarter. (for kalse_2000)

2. As I said, my lawyer knew that my application was transferred to DOL of Phily because he got a transfer notice from VA agent. (for goodone)

Good luck for every one) and see you guys on "only Phily DOL " created by our chatmate.

Still Can try at Philly DOL at 1-215-861-5286.

For those not sure whats happening at VASESA
Try call phil DOL at 1-215-861-5286. and keep your Company phno handy when they ask for options selcect permant labor and chose telphone option.....
I tried mine is still in Virginia...If Philly recive that application VM gives you exact status....

Starting the process of checking the status at SESA

Hey everyone,

I think we should check the status once a week. Someone can take the responsibility of calling sesa and checking the status and posting the update each week. All of us should refrain from calling SESA as that means we are taking their time which they could effectively use to process an application. Also Sheela Murthy's website is recommending that we should not call Sesa that often. This week Kalse_2000 has posted the update

SESA - PD - 02 May 01

Next week someone can take this responsibility and post the update. Any volunteer's (lakshmikanthan or dependent As you are next in line in terms of PD's).

PS: Other than the status if any of us get any update from our lawyer's or intimation from SESA or DOL regarding the status of our application and any other thoughts regarding the proccessing are always good to share.

Thanks

Valabor_02

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Update

Hi guys,
Looks like no one visited or had any news for today. If someone got from their lawyer or from Local office, Please share that information. So at least we know where we stand.

Thanks

Update Status From My Lawyer

I Called my Lawyer. He told it may take couple of months (1-2 ) to start processing june last week Labor Applications.

:(

Latest Update

Sesa processsing 05/04/01 (4th May 2001). They are moving ahead at a decent pace :). Hope they keep it up. 7th May is the next working day so lakshmikantan you are next. Do check your status by next Tuesday. :)

Time estimate

We should see at the end of week what date SESA is processing. They started the week processing May 4 2001. This way we will be able to figure out their speed and have a rough estimate on when they will process applications going ahead. My PD is Sep 3 2001 so still long way to go....
Ajay

I was checking the recorded message @215 861 5286 for the alien permanent certificatiion and i think they are still on 4th of may 2001.
May be i can try them on friday.
bhaskar

Need the inputs of the Gurus!!

My LC was filed on 2nd May 2002 (02 that is and the LC right now is going a year late). Any idea, input how much time it will take to reach May 2002. Mine is EB2 RIR, VA/PA.

Thanks in advance
A

Re: Need the inputs of the Gurus!!

akela,
The process will take a while. Looking at the current processing times atleast a year if not more. But then no one knows how many applications they have pending at the SESA right now so it is all a guess. Assuming there were not too many applications last year due to 9-11 and then the lay offs at the various companies it may go faster than expected (less than a year).

good luck
valabor

Originally posted by akela
My LC was filed on 2nd May 2002 (02 that is and the LC right now is going a year late). Any idea, input how much time it will take to reach May 2002. Mine is EB2 RIR, VA/PA.

Thanks in advance
A

Status
Not open for further replies.