Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let\'s do something more

I have been reading the chat for few months now. Instead of just having updates on something which we see no hope, let\'s try to do something like sending letters to senators,or lobbying or anything which will relieve us(H1-B) people from this labor pain.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH SESA IN VA YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABT?

APPARENTLY THERE IS THE VEC IN RICHMOND, AND A VEC IN NORFOLK. THEY SEEM TO BE ON DIFFERENT DATES.

DOL processing date

Guys,
 do u know what date is DOL processing? my case went to DOL on 01/07/2002. email suystem just says, it recieved my application. that\'s it

VA SESA

All the applications are first sent to VA SESA at Richmond from where they are forwarded to Norfolk and Alexandria. Richmond is the main HQ and also processes some applications.

After April Processing?

Does any one have any idea how many days it take to complete May Month Applications Processing?

May Month

According to the Earlier messages...SESA has received apporxmately 600 applications.. if everything as per planned it should not take morethan 3-4 weeks (if at all they consider the processing May files after April)..

What Message you guys are sending

Can you guys please advise what message you guys are sending to senators so that we will have some consistency when they see all our messages...

245(i) applications will move to 140 stage as we do.But by the time our labor gets cleared,we may expect 140 premium processing.140 premium processing is expected in spring 2002.

No Title

What is premium processing. Thanks for all your information because am almost better informed in immigration matters than my lawyer.

Premium processing

if we pay $1000 more,then our application will be processed within 15-30 days.They got approval for H1B premium processing in June2001,they are expecting for140 premium processing this year spring.

questions

My friend claims to have chatted with Sheela Murthy and she feels the labor processing will return to normal in six months. My question is what do you guys think will be normal? If April\'s applications finish by July, how long do you think it will take to process each month. Will May be completed in August and June be completed in September and so forth, will it be sooner or slower. What is normal?
And I think 245 applicants mostly will not afford premium processing. Is premium processing promised in this spring, or is just a hope that it will start?
Do you think with all these 245 applications pile up for 485, they might roll dates back?

MY Lawyer Reply

According to the Supervisor at the VA Employment Commission, the local SESA
office in Richmond is currently processing all RIR cases received up until
April 24, 2001. He also said that Norfolk, VA is also processing around that
time frame and that they are not processing any cases received in May 2001.
In regard to NON-RIR cases received in Richmond, has been stopped
temporarily. They will begin to process NON-RIR cases once they have
completed the RIR cases received in the month of April 2001.

dependent

Does it mean that they started processing RIR separately from now-onwards or they will only for time frame of April 24th - April 30th and start processing again for non-RIR only until April filings gets finished. Because mine is filed in May and want to clarify this. Since if RIR is considered separately I think than it will reach May month soon. Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

No Title

WE had this dilemma when they were doing March RIR. They did March RIR and then march non RIr before taking up April RIR. I would expect them to complete April RIR and Non RIR before taking up MAy.
I beleive non RIR is not much though it would still take some time

Status
Not open for further replies.