Very urgent -travel after quitting w/o transfer

uak74

I am on an H-1 with company A and planning to quit and join company B. Company B will transfer mu H-1 on my first day of employment with them. I was thinking of travelling back home for 2 weeks after quitting company A and befre joining company B...questions???

1. Can I travel and come back on old H-1(from comapny A) after quitting company A?

2. Is it ok for company B to start my transfer on my first day with them?

3. If ever company B applies for my transfer before I join, can I travel without waiting for the receipt from INS? Can I travel on basis that my new company will receive the receipt while I am gone?

Will really appreciate a feedback
Thanks
uak

You will need to be very careful. first if you have worked for comapny A for 180 days or more you are ok to goto company B.
So long as they have filed you paper work and it has been approved. Next Company B will need to grant you a leave of absence for those two weeks that you are on travel in order to protect your h-b if you leave.
Best wishes

Agree with ctabriz on the suggested course of action (vacation with company B)
1. Not advisable
2. No. The transfer should have been applied for at least a week before you joining them
3. Yes.

Thanks for your responses..I really appreciate it..I have couple more questions:

1. I talked to my new employer and they are ready to file the transfer.

2. I am planning to travel after I give notice to my presnet employer which is after 2 weeks.

3. In case I dont have the receipt from INS yet, can I still take the chance and travel??

4. I cant really take a leave of absence from my new employer cos my start date with them is Feb 10 and I am travelling Jan 18 and coming back Feb 2. Any ideas on what documnets I will need? Is offer letter from new employer enough and valid H-1 from previous employer? ANy other documents that might help?? any ideas?

5. I thought I could ask new employer to fax receipt to me in case it comes after I leave..but should I take a chance to leave before getting it??..but that is up to if it comes...if it does not come.....will I be alright?

Thanks

The best course would be to do premium processing and get the new visa stamped in US consulate in home country...
every other course has its contribution to risk...