Very quick scheduling for interview

Maxfish21

I just received my notice for interview for my I-485 today.

Mailed: July 26
Received: July 29
Priority Date: July 29
Notice Date: September 19
Interview Date: October 23

This seems ridiculously fast, which is great. Should I expect to get my EAD before the interview? The processing time on the I765 is about 90 days, and my interview is scheduled before that timeframe. If all goes well in the interview and my 485 is approved then, will I be able to work immediately or do I have to wait for the green card to arrive in the mail?

You can start working once your have been issued your EAD. It is similar to, but should not be confused with the green card.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

This seems ridiculously fast, which is great. Should I expect to get my EAD before the interview? The processing time on the I765 is about 90 days, and my interview is scheduled before that timeframe. If all goes well in the interview and my 485 is approved then, will I be able to work immediately or do I have to wait for the green card to arrive in the mail?

Your local DO must either be efficient or light on load. What DO?

This seems ridiculously fast, which is great.

Does anyone know the timeline in Charlotte NC? I will apply my AOS next month and I wonder how long does it take?

That is 'more or less' the time it took for my appointment too -for the immigration office in San Diego.
I got my EAD/AP card a few days after the notice for the I-485 interview.

Good luck and hopefully you'll have your GC a few days after your interview! :)

Last edited by a moderator: