• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Very Important Question ? Please Help

Saad00

Registered Users (C)
What is the last date to enter U.S.A with DV Visa (DV2008) ..

I mean If I got visa ...

can I wait for sex month ?

Or I must enter U.S before 30-Sep-2008

I mean If I got visa ...

You must enter the US 6 month after the date of the interview. E.g. we had ours March, 10 and the last date before the visa becomes invalid is Sep. 9

I mean If I got visa ...

--------------------------------
You have to enter within six months from the date you received the visa/expiration of medicals which comes first. If you get visa on May 1st 2008, so you have to get in by October 31st but if your medicals expires on July 31st then you have to enter before July 31st. So also look your medical expiration date (it lasts for a year from the date written on the report)

--------------------------------
You have to enter within six months from the date you received the visa/expiration of medicals which comes first. If you get visa on May 1st 2008, so you have to get in by October 31st but if your medicals expires on July 31st then you have to enter before July 31st. So also look your medical expiration date (it lasts for a year from the date written on the report)
Dear m1rahim

thanks for your reply

but the medical documents received by U.S Embassy

all my document now in U.S Embassy

Another question becaus i don´t know the answer!

After you activate your DV Visa in the US. (6 months after your Interview)
What time you get to full immigrate in the US? One Year or only a few months?

There is no "activation". You are expected to immediately settle in the US. If you enter the US and then leave without evidence and clear intent to reside in the US permanently, you automatically lose your GC next time you try to re-enter.

There is no "activation". You are expected to immediately settle in the US. If you enter the US and then leave without evidence and clear intent to reside in the US permanently, you automatically lose your GC next time you try to re-enter.

Is this really true? What if you have to go back to your country for 3-4 months after the first trip ( of 10-14 days stay in USA ), to finsh administrtive things, sell house, etc, etc.
However you could not do much things in USA in the first months till you get plastic GC and SSN.

Not true. Frist, there is an activation period of six month from date of interview, second people can return to their home country to bring all things in order, finish school etc pp.
True is, you must show a real immigration intend and cannot use the GC for travel purpose only, then chances are high that you will loose ist sometime.

Not true. Frist, there is an activation period of six month from date of interview, second people can return to their home country to bring all things in order, finish school etc pp.
True is, you must show a real immigration intend and cannot use the GC for travel purpose only, then chances are high that you will loose ist sometime.

That i know, if i win i want to immigrate in the US. But i think in 6 months i can´t bring all things in Order in my home country. ;)

For any GC, no matter how you acquired it, leaving the US without a permanent residence is grounds for revoking your GC.

Please could you explain more clearly what do you mean by leaving the US without a permanent residence (having actual address??? Could you give address from frend or relatives).

I tought that after you pass border control you get stamp on you immigrant visa, than you have I-551 for one year and you are automatically permanent resident.

How can you show your immigrant intent if you go to USA for one week, then go to your country for 3-4 months bring all things in order, and come back to USA latter for permanently?

I would appreciate any advices.

How can you show your immigrant intent if you go to USA for one week, then go to your country for 3-4 months bring all things in order, and come back to USA latter for permanently?
It is crystal clear, with a permanent resident visa you have automatically an immigration intent. Officers a the POE are sometimes kind of stupid but they also know that most pepole have to return to their home country for some time (if ever someone cares about your travel). Dont rack your brain so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
JUST make it simple:

Once you have received your immigrant visa (either through DV or any means) you have to enter within six months from the date you received the visa (or if your medicals expires earlier than visa expiration date then the medical expiration date, bottom line is which expires first is your deadline or expiration date).

Once you come to the POE, they might ask you – at which address you are going to reside because you will receive your GC at that address (or the address you mention in your form during interview). Usually it takes 2/3 weeks or may take up to 6 weeks to receive your GC. Also at POE , they will stamp your passport with seal that gives you one year validity so you can use that as proof of permanent resident or you can use it to go and out to the USA.

Once you have GC or stamped passport- you can decide to go back to finish your property sales etc..BUT if you want to stay more than a year then you need to submit REENTRY permission kind of application to DHS probably before you depart (just double check from DHS website-there is a guide book for new immigrant).

more clarification

JUST make it simple:

Once you have received your immigrant visa (either through DV or any means) you have to enter within six months from the date you received the visa (or if your medicals expires earlier than visa expiration date then the medical expiration date, bottom line is which expires first is your deadline or expiration date).

Once you come to the POE, they might ask you – at which address you are going to reside because you will receive your GC at that address (or the address you mention in your form during interview). Usually it takes 2/3 weeks or may take up to 6 weeks to receive your GC. Also at POE , they will stamp your passport with seal that gives you one year validity so you can use that as proof of permanent resident or you can use it to go and out to the USA.

Once you have GC or stamped passport- you can decide to go back to finish your property sales etc..BUT if you want to stay more than a year then you need to submit REENTRY permission kind of application to DHS probably before you depart (just double check from DHS website-there is a guide book for new immigrant).

Good explanation.

Pls. i need clarification from you and other great forumites.

After POE, the stamp on the passport with seal that gives a one year validity can it be used to go out and into USA, even if you did not recieve the GC & SSN before you leave for your home country in 2-3 weeks?

Secondly, can a relation at our US address recieve the cards and forward to us in our home country?

Thirdly, incase the cards were not recieved, and we want to go back to US, will there be any problems with airlines and IO with the stamp on the visa and no cards at hand?