Very important -- Please help !!!

Priya_Suri

Registered Users (C)
*****Very important -- Please help !!!

Hi,

My friend used to be in h4 and has I-94 till August 2007. But she applied for H1B through a company and it was approved, but she didnot get the I-94 with it. I have couple of questions regarding it.

1. To apply for a job, she needs SSN. Can she apply for SSN with H1B approval notice and the old I-94?
2. Can she go to Mexico/Canada for H1B Stamping?. If so, what happens if they reject her visa?. Will she be deported to India or can she enter U.S with her H4 visa?.

Please help. Its really important and very critical. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Priya

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval letter I-797 should have I-94 , below portion 2 copy(Perforated) .
How final approval letter looks like?

If it is not change of status from H4 to H1b then my suggestion is not valid probably

Thanks for replying AM4GC. We are pretty sure the I-94 didnot come with the I-797 and you are right, its not a change of status. Any other suggestions please??.

Thanks,
Priya

Last edited by a moderator:
Priya_Suri said:
Hi,

My friend used to be in h4 and has I-94 till August 2007. But she applied for H1B through a company and it was approved, but she didnot get the I-94 with it. I have couple of questions regarding it.

1. To apply for a job, she needs SSN. Can she apply for SSN with H1B approval notice and the old I-94?
---- as she did not get I-94 attached with H1B approval notice she cant apply SSN, she has to go out of US, get H1 visa stamp and enter on H1 status and will get I-94 based on H1 status
2. Can she go to Mexico/Canada for H1B Stamping?. If so, what happens if they reject her visa?. Will she be deported to India
---She has to go directly to India from Mexico/Canada for H1B Stamping if apply H1 visa in Mexico/Canada and it get rejected,

or can she enter U.S with her H4 visa?.
----- once apply Visa in Mexico/Canada and it get rejected she cant enter US from Canada/Mexico
Please help. Its really important and very critical. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Priya