Validity Dates for Canada Visitor Visa

brdprince

Registered Users (C)
:confused: hi,

I am a PR of Canada, my wife has Visitor visa.
My wife is planning to go to INDIA from Jan to March.

Que:

We got her Visitor visa from Can Consulate in US and the -counterfoil pasted by Canada Consulate in passport has

issue date: Sept 21 2006 and Expiration: March 23 2006

we entered Canada on Oct 11 2006 and the Officer stamped and initialed: valid - 10 Apr 2007

I am confused which dates to follow. Should we follow the dates mentioned on the counterfoil pasted or the expiration date written at the Port of Entry.

Pls reply ASAP.

brdprince said:
:confused: hi,

We got her Visitor visa from Can Consulate in US and the -counterfoil pasted by Canada Consulate in passport has

issue date: Sept 21 2006 and Expiration: March 23 2006

we entered Canada on Oct 11 2006 and the Officer stamped and initialed: valid - 10 Apr 2007

I am confused which dates to follow. Should we follow the dates mentioned on the counterfoil pasted or the expiration date written at the Port of Entry.
brdprince said:
Your stay is valid until the date stamped by the officer at the POE. Any stay beyond THAT date is illegal stay.

Bigboy00 is right. Your wife can stay in Canada until 10th April 2007. Her visa will expire on 23rd March 2007, however her legal visitor status in Canada is intact until 10th April 2007.