vaccination , and pregnant wife

satyabadi

Registered Users (C)
I hope it is okay for myself taking the vaccinations(MMR) while my pregnant wife not taking..

SHe is not going to be affected because of my vaccination -- is this correct?

thanks

No Title

Talk to a doctor, pleeease! Do not take chances.... This is a medical question and not 485 issue!

No Title

Thanks for the reply. I understand that. I have already taken the vaccinations, but I am simply scared .. the doctor did not tell me anything abt it ... Just wanted to know if this is normal ( if anyone else has had similar situation..)

No Title

In my opinion your wife should be o. as long as she didn\'t take the vaccination. Your vaccination won\'t affect her. Some people though not common show flue like symptoms after vaccination. It is a good idea for pregnant women to stay away from sick person (to avoid any exposure to the germs). My 2 cents.

No Title

Hi Satyabadi,
   I was explicitly told by my doctor not to go near pregnant women for 3 months. I got a second opinion too and was told the same. Please be very careful and do your checks.

GreenHopeful

No Title

My friend\'s wife is pregnent and she was told not to take the vaccination by her doctor. So get a second opinion.

Sheff\'s

No Title

Not to scare you and I am not sure how true this story is. Get a second opinion by a doctor. See the attached site.

pain "I-485 vaccination killed our baby" 6/23/01 10:35am

Sheff\'s

No Title

That\'s normal. My wife was pregnant when we went for the medical. I was given the vaccinations.

A piece of advice. Whenever you go to a doctor for any reason, you should inform the doctor about the pregnancy. Even for dental treatment!

No Title

Be careful...The doc did not give me MMR as my wife was pregnant. So I guess it DOES AFFECT even if YOU take vaccination. Consult good doc. You should not take any risk.

No Title

Vericella(chickenPOx) & MMR contains live virus so you
should stay away from your pragnant wife atleast for
3 months.Generally if the wife is pregnant they don\'t give
these vaccines to husband too.But some docs are careful
some are not it is best to get educated before you go to
them to avoid tragedy.If you have not already taken the Vaccines avoid them consult a good doctor.Don\'t take the risk.Good luck..

Pregnant women need tetanus vaccination, and this vaccine is safe for pregnant women. Choose a reputable, highly qualified doctor for vaccination.