Vacation to India how long??

src1

Registered Users (C)
I work for a consulting company and my project recently got over... I am looking for a project.... since its hard finiding a project in this economy.... my question is Can I go to India on long vacation with no pay and come back later if my employer is willing to??? What trouble can I and my employer get into?? Is there anything that I would need to show when I come back?? Is a letter from HR sufficient or do i need anything more??? Thank you for ur response

Last edited by a moderator:
You may need documentation to support reason for leave

> Can I go to India on long vacation with no pay and come back later if my employer is willing to??? What trouble can I and my employer get into?? Is there anything that I would need to show when I come back?? Is a letter from HR sufficient or do i need anything more???

In case you take long leave for say some medical emergency or family business problems you may have to document reason for e.g. 6 months leave. You can show any sort of emergency but be ready to back it up.

What kind of document will be good?? but Why?

Thanks for the response... however, what kind of doucment will be enough?? Will I be asked for it at Port of Entry???

Another question I have is, how is my case going to be treated different from people who get NEW H1B visa and enter the country

Second, how is it different from people who say that they came back and later went back in their OLD h1B visa since it was still valid??

My question is as long as i have a valid h1B and company wants me back then why can I not join?? Why can I not come back to my home country and decide to go back to work at US when I want for the same company since I have a valid h1b??

If I go back home does it mean my visa gets invalid automatically???

I am just trying to see my options.... ur inputs/criticism and suggestions are welcome

Any problems in going for 4 months vacation?

I am planning to go for a 4 month vacation to India w/o pay. I have my passport stamped with old employers visa which will be valid when I will be returning to USA(also not cancelled by old employer). I also have my new companies I -797 with me on whose payroll I am currently.

Will there be any problems while returning to USA due to long vacation ?

At USA port of entry, if I am asked about the company I work for then, should I mention my old employer (whose visa is stamped) or new employer (on whose payroll I am currently) ?

Also if there is a problem (due to long vacation) then then is there a solution?
What precautions should I take?

Please help.
Thanks
Mohit

I am planning to go for a 4 month vacation to India w/o pay. I have my passport stamped with old employers visa which will be valid when I will be returning to USA(also not cancelled by old employer). I also have my new companies I -797 with me on whose payroll I am currently.
--- Show your passport with valid Visa and new company H1 approval notice at POE you will get new I-94 till the validity of new employer H1 approval notice
Will there be any problems while returning to USA due to long vacation ?

At USA port of entry, if I am asked about the company I work for then, should I mention my old employer (whose visa is stamped) or new employer (on whose payroll I am currently) ?
--- New employer, if asked provide them a letter written by new employer

Also if there is a problem (due to long vacation) then is there a solution?
What precautions should I take?
- I don’t see any problem, just have new employer letter as extra document with you with the issue date near to your entry date or get letter before going and write the date on employer letter near to your arrival date ( show only if asked they generally don’t ask)