Vacation to Europe

No Title

Actually I believe that traveling with valid national passport for
asylees is fine. This is my reasoning. Please point out where I might
be wrong.

Does traveling to France as a national of my home country put me in
danger?
Yes, I believe international laws give my home government certain
consular rights over me. (Otherwise, end of discussion)

Does traveling to France as an asylee give me certain protections?
Yes, I believe the Geneva convention give me some extra protection and
it overrules the consular rights of my home government over me.
(Otherwise, it\'s not fine to travel even with my Refugee Travel
Document)

Does entering France with a visa on my RTD invalidates the fact that
I\'m a citizen of my home country and invalidates my home country\'s
consular rights over me?
No. But my refugee rights overrules my home government\'s rights.

Does entering France with a visa on my national passport invalidates
the fact that I am an asylee? Does it invalidates my rights under
Geneva convention? Does it change the overrule precedence of my rights
under Geneva convention and my home government\'s consular rights under
international laws or bilateral agreement?
No.

So it doesn\'t make a difference on my rights no matter entering France
with my RTD or passport. And since entering France with my RTD is
fine. So it\'s fine with my passport also.

Another case

Tim here is another case.

A person who I know (asylee), went to Ecuador (Quito capital city), When she arrived to Quito, she showed her national passport (no visa needed) got it stamped, then come back to US (Miami) and showed the INS Officer BOTH passports, (national and RTD), the officer checked the RTD and no problem.
I know that admission to US is subjective, different officers, different results, but Asylee number is increasing day by day, and is becoming more common the use of RTD (regulation is not specific about the use of national passports), so I think officers are becoming more flexible with the asylee.
You can see the same situation with people returning to the home country after getting GC, is up to the officer\'s discretion to let you enter US. Talking to a former INS officer, he told us that for him, Gc is GC no matter wher is it coming from.

No Title

http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/o_c_ref.htm

Article 32. Expulsion

1. The Contracting States shall not expel a refugee lawfully in their territory save on grounds of national security or public order.

2. The expulsion of such a refugee shall be only in pursuance of a decision reached in accordance with due process of law. Except where compelling reasons of national security otherwise require, the refugee shall be allowed to submit evidence to clear himself, and to appeal to and be represented for the purpose before competent authority or a person or persons specially designated by the competent authority.

3. The Contracting States shall allow such a refugee a reasonable period within which to seek legal admission into another country. The Contracting States reserve the right to apply during that period such internal measures as they may deem necessary.

Article 33. Prohibition of expulsion or return ("refoulement")

1. No Contracting State shall expel or return ("refouler") a refugee in any manner whatsoever to the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.

2. The benefit of the present provision may not, however, be claimed by a refugee whom there are reasonable grounds for regarding as a danger to the security of the country in which he is, or who, having been convicted by a final judgement of a particularly serious crime, constitutes a danger to the community of that country.

Yes! I get the visa.

I called Italian consulate this morning and they told me my visa was waiting for me to pick up. Yeah!